Remove tape residue from sanded wood?
Turns out that LOML's nail polish remover is acetone free so I used denatured alcohol. It appeared to remove the goo but did raise the grain so I sanded 220-320-400. Applied a coat of finish, evidently the DNA liquefied the goo to the point that some soaked into the wood further than I had sanded. I'll put it back on the lathe and resand. Lesson learned, thanks guys.

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
I've used mineral spirits to remove mucilage from all kinds of tape in the past. Keep a gallon on hand in the shop for many useful tasks.

Doug
(07-15-2021, 03:13 PM)MichaelMouse Wrote: Yep, mayonnaise is oil, egg yolk and vinegar.  Non-polar solvents all do pretty much the same, but lower viscosities will penetrate paper and wood better.

Yes, I use mayo because of its viscosity.  On a sticker on your windshield, the mayo stays put, but any other oil will run.  

I just googled "car detailing supplies" and found a couple of sites that cater to professional detailers.  None of the products listed were specific to adhesive residue.  That surprised me.  I thought they would have a mayo-equivalent.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.