Do you actually use 52ish inch rip capacity?
  Re: Do you actually use 52ish inch rip capacity? by Scott W (I am looking at gett...)
The wider rip capacity gives me a very valuable element: an excellent laydown area. This area of the TS is nearly always filled with parts in various stages of milling, tools that are waiting to be used at the joinery bench, odds and ends that simply end up there because this was the convenient place to put them. I have assembled, glued, and finished items in this space. Finally, it is an excellent spot for a cup coffee (particularly with the formica top)!
  Re: RE: Do you actually use 52ish inch rip capacity? by MT Woodworker ([quote='Stwood_' pid...)
(07-14-2021, 08:55 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: If you have the right setup and if you can physically handle sheet stock.
Stuff gets heavier as you get older.
I have no problem pre-cutting sheet stock, much easier for me.

Not only heavier but more awkward unless you have plenty of space.
  Re: Do you actually use 52ish inch rip capacity? by Scott W (I am looking at gett...)
I just realized that my unifence was 52" - 12". The previous owner pruned a foot off of it and then wanted a longer one. I got a good deal on it, I still have a router on it, and it works in my basement.