Javascript on this forum
Question    
Does Javascript stuff on this forum work for anyone? The few Java related things I try to use do not respond - not on my Windows PC, iOS iPad, or Linux laptop. JS is enabled on all my browsers.  

- djb
Real trucks don't have spark plugs.

Re: Javascript on this forum by genusCastor (Does Javascript stuf...)
(07-15-2021, 08:01 AM)genusCastor Wrote: Does Javascript stuff on this forum work for anyone? The few Java related things I try to use do not respond - not on my Windows PC, iOS iPad, or Linux laptop. JS is enabled on all my browsers.  

- djb

I have scripts enabled for 4 of the 7 servers running on this page (Firefox with NoScript). That seems to enable most things including the banners and the ads that support the site.

Java and javascript are 2 different things. I expect that you already know that.

What are you seeing that does not respond for you?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
  Re: RE: Javascript on this forum by iclark ([quote='genusCastor'...)
(07-15-2021, 04:42 PM)iclark Wrote: I have scripts enabled for 4 of the 7 servers running on this page (Firefox with NoScript). That seems to enable most things including the banners and the ads that support the site.

Java and javascript are 2 different things. I expect that you already know that.

What are you seeing that does not respond for you?

Most notably the [get more] link to more emoticons is dead. I also notice the "Replies" links on threads used to pop up a window with the statistics of the associated thread, it doesn't work either, but I remember it did work at some point in the (not so distant?) past.

I thought it might be a browser setting that may have got en/dis-abled, but these Javascript links don't work on any device I use to access Woodnet, and I checked that scripts are enabled on this browser, so I wondered if anyone else is seeing the same behavior. Just a curiosity...

- djb
Real trucks don't have spark plugs.

Re: Javascript on this forum by genusCastor (Does Javascript stuf...)
The [get more] link for emoticons broke when WN hosting moved to AWS. My guess is that the link points at a specific file (including full path) on the old website. There are enough other draws on the time for the admins that this is a low-priority issue to fix.

I didn't know about the:
"Replies" links on threads used to pop up a window with the statistics of the associated thread.
I will need to research that one some more.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.