Is this water going to be problematic?
What is the pipe running from the garage along the foundation and along the steps?

Also looks like a lot of water damage along the bottom of the garage doors.

Puddling for sure shows an issue with settling of the slabs...

Any water intrusion into the house is not good.
(07-15-2021, 02:46 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: What is the pipe running from the garage along the foundation and along the steps?

Also looks like a lot of water damage along the bottom of the garage doors.

Puddling for sure shows an issue with settling of the slabs...

Any water intrusion into the house is not good.

That pipe is running to the skimmer on the pool. The pool filter is behind those doors (it's an area only about 4' deep, not the garage. The garage is behind that pool equipment area)

It does look like they've been wicking up water. They don't open properly either (they rub against the ground, I have to lift them up to open them. Will probably trim them shorter to prevent that)
Hey a project, build new doors...

To me the pipe looks like a trip hazard.
It is hard to tell from the pictures, but I would guess that you don't have roof gutters. I would try that first as it might be the cheapest/easiest fix. From the looks of the water stains on the bottom of the doors, I would guess that there is a lot of water coming off of the roof splashing against the foundation. I would use oversized gutters with a substantial slope to make sure you catch as much water as possible.
If that doesn't work, you probably have some expensive concrete replacement and regrading work to do along with some possible drain piping.
Water coming thru the walls is a problem. Moisture will wake up the mold spores and they'll multiply quickly. Dirt floors with no vapor barrier is a problem. I see ductwork, is that "conditioned space", or is it vented? Only one "yes", and one "no" allowed.

I don't know if it's appropriate in this application, but concrete slabs can be hydraulically jacked. Also there are sealers made specifically for control/expansion joints. That could help. The doors wicking up water will cause finish failure, rot and attract insects.

Ahh, the pleasures of home ownership. But seriously, congratulations on your new home. There are actually many pleasures of home ownership.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(07-15-2021, 10:31 PM)Willyou Wrote: It is hard to tell from the pictures, but I would guess that you don't have roof gutters. I would try that first as it might be the cheapest/easiest fix. From the looks of the water stains on the bottom of the doors, I would guess that there is a lot of water coming off of the roof splashing against the foundation. I would use oversized gutters with a substantial slope to make sure you catch as much water as possible.
If that doesn't work, you probably have some expensive concrete replacement and regrading work to do along with some possible drain piping.

The 2nd story and surrounding roof lines all have gutters. There is no first story roof line above these doors though
(07-15-2021, 11:42 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: Water coming thru the walls is a problem. Moisture will wake up the mold spores and they'll multiply quickly. Dirt floors with no vapor barrier is a problem. I see ductwork, is that "conditioned space", or is it vented? Only one "yes", and one "no" allowed.

I don't know if it's appropriate in this application, but concrete slabs can be hydraulically jacked. Also there are sealers made specifically for control/expansion joints. That could help. The doors wicking up water will cause finish failure, rot and attract insects.

Ahh, the pleasures of home ownership. But seriously, congratulations on your new home. There are actually many pleasures of home ownership.

Indeed. After polishing my last home for 16yrs, part of wonders why am I moving! Upsizing
Smile

It is conditioned living space above this unexcavated crawlspace. 

I may consider removing most of the concrete, leaving the basic pool deck, and grading dirt and grass. There is way more concrete than is needed to surround a pool..
Kind of a head scratcher, as the pics make it look like the water is coming in towards the middle of that wall.

And you'd think if it was a drainage issue, you'd see some problems in the corner.

Any chance there is a roof/flashing problem, and rain is finding a way in and perhaps following a previously exterior wall down?
(07-16-2021, 06:54 AM)mound Wrote: I may consider removing most of the concrete, leaving the basic pool deck, and grading dirt and grass. There is way more concrete than is needed to surround a pool..

What's off to the left of your picture?  I was thinking this exact thing.  saw cut the existing concrete on the expansion joint that lines up with the stair railing closes to the pool.  Pull out all that concrete and add a permeable patio thats graded correctly, or grass with walkways.  While you're at it, bury that water line to the pool.

(07-16-2021, 12:13 PM)crokett™ Wrote: What's off to the left of your picture?  I was thinking this exact thing.  saw cut the existing concrete on the expansion joint that lines up with the stair railing closes to the pool.  Pull out all that concrete and add a permeable patio thats graded correctly, or grass with walkways.  While you're at it, bury that water line to the pool.

To the left in the photo with the 3 doors, about 5' over is the end of the house/garage. so this water in the crawlspace is like on the inside wall of the garage, not the outside wall.  it is a headscratcher indeed!  I'm disappearing for 2 weeks into the mountains after I write this, so sorry I won't be back with more replies! thanks everyone