"not activated"
I saw this on S & S for a rail stile door set. What exactly does this term mean? 

Jim
Jim
(07-16-2021, 10:40 AM)Halfathumb Wrote: I saw this on S & S for a rail stile door set. What exactly does this term mean? 

Jim

When someone joins WN, there was a process where the WN server sends an email to the email address used to register. The new member is then supposed to follow a process described in that email to activate the new account. IIRC, the process was to click on a link in the email (but I could be wrong, it has been a long time since I joined).

Unfortunately, that process broke down when the server that WN used to send emails got black-holed as a source of spam.

The mods have been activating accounts manually on request for members once they have been active and contributing for a while.

Once an account is activated, the title displays as "New Member" until they reach a threshold on total number of posts. Then, the title displays as "Member" unless they get a custom title. There was a short period of time after the transition to the new software during which members could create their own titles, but that period has ended.

Ivan
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Hi, can you please activate my account? I received the email and used the link to activate my account, it says, "It appears your account is already activated or does not require email verification." However, when I look at my profile, it says, "(Account not Activated)." Thank you for your help.
Moderator,

I have the same problem as Complexity.  I click on the link in the email to activate and enter the code.  Get a response that I do not need to activate.  However, my member status says "not activated."

Thanks for your assistance.

Tom
Will you please activate my account?  I remember trying to activate, but it didn't work.  I don't know the details.

Mark