For those that remember Walt Q...
I got this from there ages ago. Never used it. Wondered why I bought it. Then suddenly when you don't have a forstener bit large enough to set a candle you want for a project. In the process it was nice to remember the visit to Brass City Records.

Attached Files Image(s)

"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Yes, I bought a few things from Walt. He was a good guy
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(07-17-2021, 01:10 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Yes, I bought a few things from Walt. He was a good guy

Same here...We swapped a couple of tools...He was #1....
Yes
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Walt was a great guy. Lots of knowledge. Big heart. Still using a few of the tools he sold me.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
It is a statement to the quality of the man that though I never met him, nor made a purchase from
him, I still recall his name and his excellent reputation among those here on WoodNet.

Simple, but it has always been true, people like to do business with people they like.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
Back in the mid 90's I used to travel once a month to Shelton CT on business, not far from Waterbury, and stopped by his shop many times. Have several items from him, and he was a total hoot to spend a half hour chatting with. RIP Walt....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I remember him fondly. He sold me a range of things over the phone, and I met him once. He only sold good stuff, all at a very reasonable price. Talking to him was always fun too.
(07-18-2021, 09:17 PM)Alan S Wrote: I remember him fondly.  He sold me a range of things over the phone, and I met him once.  He only sold good stuff, all at a very reasonable price.  Talking to him was always fun too.
Just thinking back...I believe his name was Walt Quadrotto, or something similar...an honorable man, they don't come any better!
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I was just thinking about Walt the other day.  Too far away from me to have met him in person but we did some business from time to time all the same.  Learned a lot from his posts here and have hard copies of a few like how to ID a plane from the adjustment levers, etc.  This forum was quite a different place back when he was active.  So it goes.
(07-19-2021, 07:01 PM)andrewb Wrote: I was just thinking about Walt the other day.  Too far away from me to have met him in person but we did some business from time to time all the same.  Learned a lot from his posts here and have hard copies of a few like how to ID a plane from the adjustment levers, etc.  This forum was quite a different place back when he was active.  So it goes.

Many years ago I bought a Stanley 605, a #2 and several lesser items  from Walt Q. I was able to visit with him in his store a few times, packed with music downstairs and tools upstairs. A great man and a pleasure to deal with.

Ed