For those that remember Walt Q...
Walt Quadrato is missed........
Is Dominic still around?

I miss Walt too!
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Met him a few times, bought a few things learned a lot

Nice guy and a gentleman.
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne
I loved checking for the tools that he was selling.

I had the chance to stop into his shop in Waterbury many years ago.  Wow, what an experience!  He was a good man who loved his tools and his vinyl records.  Too bad he didn't live long enough to see the recent resurgence of vinyl records.  He would have loved it.
Peter

My "day job"
Walt was a great guy.
Brent

Coming at ya from the Bayou State.
I agree totally with what others have said about Walt. I too was fortunate to meet him at his Waterbury store. On the day I met him Walt had just acquired a vintage wood tool chest. He was so proud to have it and spoke about it as if it was the Arc of the Covenant. He guided me around his tool room for at least a half hour and would not have minded if I stayed all day. I bought a few items and still have them. I consider these old tools as treasures because I got them from Walt and only use the yankee screwdriver and Stanley brace and bit set on special projects.For me Walt was one of the true "woodnetters" when Woodnet was about woodworking. Today it seems to be about something else. I really miss Walt.
I'll have to add that I had posted about a Bell Systems brace that I bought from eBay where the seller claimed it was in perfect condition. When I received it, though, it was missing the jaws. The seller claimed that's the way it was designed. Um, no. I asked a question on WN about whether that was normal for Bell Systems braces. Walt Q must have read that thread. Without even a request, he mailed me a spare set of jaws, including the spring, without even a hint of expecting anything in return. Now that's a good guy! I bought several other items from Walt after that experience.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill