Laminate top workstation build/questions
I see Menards carry laminate in 30 X 120
(10-25-2021, 11:54 AM)fixtureman Wrote: I see Menards carry laminate in 30 X 120

Home Depot can order up to 5'x12' sheets.   I am sure other places can order also.   In the section that sells cabinets and countertops they have the samples and you can order from that department.
5x12 is the largest that is normally available, I have not seen bigger.   Roly
Also remember the inside corner on the laminate should not be a sharp 90 degrees. A small radius is needed otherwise it will crack at the 90 over time.
I laminated a couple tables, onto smooth plywood.  One surprising issue I had, was that it took 3-4 coats of rolled on adhesive to the plywood, until it got to the right consistancy.  Even the laminate itself, i put two coats on.
(07-19-2021, 01:22 PM)Cooler Wrote: As I recall, laminate comes in 4' x 8' sheets.  So going with 24" wide for both runs of the table would be cost-effective with far less waste.

5'x12' is available. Supplier may have to order it.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

My Menards have it in stock 30 X 120
I would use what the Home Stores call "Hardboard Tempered Panel. " AKA Masonite. It comes in sheets and can be cut in the store. Several pictures of benches are attached which are simple to make. 3/4  Flooring plywood was used under the Panel.  You can bond it on but that may not be necessary.  I use narrow wood edging. Easy enough to change.

Attached Files Image(s)

Paul from the beautiful mid-coast of Maine (USA)