When the *#*&%$ tops just wont come off
(07-23-2021, 04:26 PM)cpolubin Wrote: * I've had success by using a pair of large pliers. Usually, the child proof outer cap is destroyed, or has to be destroyed in order to get to the real cap inside. After that, it's usually pretty easy to get the lid off with the pliers. A pair of curved jaw vise grips seems to work the best. *

The first thing I do when I get a container with a child proof cap is I pry off the outer plastic cap leaving the metal cap. Then if the cap gets stuck (which means I forgot to wipe out the cap and threads the last time) a pair of channel locks opens it right up.

Cliff
I usually tear up the inside cap when trying to get it off...The screw never fails.
Crazy
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

"Childproof cap" is the wrong name.  "Adultproof cap" is more like it, even without dried finish on the threads.
(08-04-2021, 04:52 PM)Bill_Houghton Wrote: "Childproof cap" is the wrong name.  "Adultproof cap" is more like it, even without dried finish on the threads.
Aint that the truth!!!!!!!!!
Upset
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

I have had success by putting the container in my bench vise, then I have two hands free.  Push down on the annoying cap with a piece of dowel, while turning with channel locks. 
Big Grin

Or

Put the finish in a new container the first time you open it, toss the bs container and frustrating cap.
I'm thinking it might be a good use for the 47 unused plastic (sports) water bottles we won in drawings, got in swag bags, or just accumulated over the years.  Miss T has been talking about giving them all away or tossing them. 
Rolleyes
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
I save all container and jar caps. They add up over time.
I can usually find a replacement cap for those safety caps.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020