Flashing Where a Roof Meets a Wall
I'm going to add a lean-to off the back of my shed.  I want a place to park both mowers plus hang some extra tools.   I'll  enclose the west/north facing wall since that is where all of our weather comes from.  The existing shed is composite siding.  The new structure I will use metal roofing.  I think the correct way to flash where the roof meets the wall is cut a slit in the siding and slip the flashing under it so that it sits on top of the roofing.  I think anything else such as rubber membrane stuck to the siding will eventually fail.

Thats right see no long erm option
Siding overlaps flashing, flashing overlaps roof.
VH07V  
Why? What harm if a trickle of water runs down the siding of the shed? Space the ledger off the shed a bit and silicone the seam from the top. It’s a lean to, not an addition on your home.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(07-26-2021, 08:25 AM)crokett™ Wrote: I'm going to add a lean-to off the back of my shed.  I want a place to park both mowers plus hang some extra tools.   I'll  enclose the west/north facing wall since that is where all of our weather comes from.  The existing shed is composite siding.  The new structure I will use metal roofing.  I think the correct way to flash where the roof meets the wall is cut a slit in the siding and slip the flashing under it so that it sits on top of the roofing.  I think anything else such as rubber membrane stuck to the siding will eventually fail.

make the slit at least a half inch wide and fully prime the cut edges of the composite.   You can use sealant on the flashing if your sure there is no chances of water being behind the composite above the new flashing.
WoodNET... the new safespace