Advice needed -- problem -- Super Dust Deputy - inlet and outlet sizing
I just bought a Super Dust Deputy.

Its 5" inlet and 6" outlet are causing me big probs.

I have 6" hoses off my machines so I bought an HVAC 6" to 5" reducer (uncrimped at both ends).

The SDD's inlet OD is 5" (actually it's 5 1/8). And the SDD's outlet is 6" OD (really it's 6 1/8"). My hose won't fit over it either.

What is your advice to modify SOMETHING/ANYTHING to get these things to fit efficiently.

And - what are your thoughts re any advice so I can get this going fast -
- how much extra room do I acquire if I buy crimped reducers and "un-crimp" some of the crimps
- does it make sense to drill out the reducer's rivets, move the collar a little and use a #4 screw to hold it in the new position
- where to buy rubber-type plumbing 6" to 5" reducer fitting
Advice needed -- problem -- Super Dust Deputy - inlet and outlet sizing

Thanks.
I have the same cyclone separator.  My main lines are 5", but that difference in the diameters cause me issue, too.

I got around it by crimping the incoming 5" line to squeeze it into the input side of the separator.  I used the same crimpers I bought to crimp the ends of my gutter downspouts.  ( Like these)

I sealed the joint with the aluminum duct sealing tape.  Hope this helps.
thanks for this - I might need to find crimped adapters
As to fittings...check Lowes / HD / your local hardware store for steel furnace fittings.  Several stove pipes are 5".   Also the plumbing section for rubber 6x6 and 6x4 unions with clamps.  My planer has a 5" port and I found a furnace fitting at Lowes.
I think I solved my Super Dust Deputy problem

- 6" hose will fit perfectly directly on the SDD's outlet
this requires close to nil in the way of wrestling the hose onto the inlet
you just have to reeeeeally open up the clamp

- Oneida supplies a 5" collar to use for installing duct rather than hose onto the inlet
- it fits perfectly onto the uncrimped 6" to 5" reducer
it seems you still need to tape it up to close things off

- this now poses 2 questions/opportunities/problems
I'll need to break down and just buy 5" hose and fittings to use it the way it's designed
(admittedly, rather unusual in the typical Rosenberg Brain Process way of doing things)
and just say goodbye to my 6" hose and fittings

As I continue to get myself organized, I'll keep you posted.
I've never understood the reasoning for that 5" inlet on the SDD.