Woodnet member
Is Josh the Chiropractor on here?
9.5 fingers and 1 crippled
He hasn't visited in a few years as best I can remember.  His business does have a website if that's of use. His screen name here (as I recall) was "closed for business".
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(07-28-2021, 06:20 AM)2Goober Wrote: Is Josh the Chiropractor on here?

Why do you ask?

If your reason is good, someone might be able to help you.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(07-28-2021, 06:01 PM)iclark Wrote: Why do you ask?

If your reason is good, someone might be able to help you.

I'm in the market for a 15"+ bandsaw for resawing. I currently have a 14" Delta that has a 1/2hp motor and it resaws slowly. I've thought about changing the motor to a 1.5hp and I also need to replace/upgrade the guides. I like the saw but the changes are going to run me 4-6 hundred. I heard from another member that he used to sell Amazon returns.
9.5 fingers and 1 crippled
(07-28-2021, 08:09 PM)2Goober Wrote: I'm in the market for a 15"+ bandsaw for resawing. I currently have a 14" Delta that has a 1/2hp motor and it resaws slowly. I've thought about changing the motor to a 1.5hp and I also need to replace/upgrade the guides. I like the saw but the changes are going to run me 4-6 hundred. I heard from another member that he used to sell Amazon returns.

Fair enough. I sent him an email on your behalf with a link to this thread.

If he does not turn up (or if he does not do that anymore), you are welcome to post a WTB (want to buy) thread in the Swap and Sell forum area. Including your general location would be a good idea if you do that.

Welcome to Woodnet.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(07-28-2021, 08:09 PM)2Goober Wrote: I'm in the market for a 15"+ bandsaw for resawing. I currently have a 14" Delta that has a 1/2hp motor and it resaws slowly. I've thought about changing the motor to a 1.5hp and I also need to replace/upgrade the guides. I like the saw but the changes are going to run me 4-6 hundred. I heard from another member that he used to sell Amazon returns.

Aren't all Amazon returns sold on "Amazon Warehouse" now?
Bob
that Josh the chiropractor is a weird cat.

Life got real busy.  It was a good hustle for a while but i got working 90+ hours a week.  and then amazon and pallet king types started squeezing me out of a good market.

i've some left over equipment... laguna 18", jet,20", laguna 24", maybe a shopfox 18".  Shoot me a PM.  I'll get you more information. 

There's a 24" Jet disc sander .  and a couple 2-3 hp shapers.  that's most of what is left.
My Day Job
well, bye.