Chop Saw inquiry
I used a Lion Miter Trimmer for many years. A few months after getting a Festool Kapex, the trimmer went to the Habitat for Humanity store. No regrets!

---
See ya later,
Bill
I have a Lion miter trimmer , only used now and then, it when needed it is the only tool for the job.
When needing to shave a razor thin slice, it’s the go to tool.
I feel much better accuracy compared to a miter saw.
Keep in mind that a Lion Miter Trimmer only shaves small bits off the mating edges to get that tight fit. You'll still need something to cut the initial 45 deg angle. Highland Woodworking also sells a top trim attachment for the trimmer that positions with longer edges like baseboard mouldings or really wide picture frames.

A Kapex is a marvelous tool, but it's about $1600, so unless you're professional or have the means to buy it, I'd go with Dewalt, Bosch, or Makita if you go the powered saw route.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I have a dedicated picture framers' sliding table saw.  It is perfectly accurate.  It also uses a $200.00 blade.  The blade is the key to making the perfectly smooth cuts.  But the accuracy is based on the fact that the cuts are made on opposite sides of the blade. 

That same accuracy can be had from a miter saw or radial arm saw by setting the cut to 90 degrees and adding a fence made from an aluminum framers' square.  Mount the square accurately and then make the first cut right through the aluminum (it won't hurt the blade).

It works on the principle of complementary angles.  Since the fence will be right on 90 degrees, the cuts should be 45 and 45.  But even if they are not, and one is 45½ or 5¼ degrees, the complementary side will be 44½  or 45¾ degrees and always adding up to a perfect 90-degree angle. 

Picture framers have special requirements.  Not only do the joints have to yield a perfect 90-degree angle, but the cuts are also made on pre-finished moldings and the cuts have to be 100% tear-out-free. 

I closed my picture framing business 22 years ago so that $200.00 blade would be $332.00 in current dollars.  I have no idea what that blade costs nowadays, but it will be more than a Freud blade for sure.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
The old Delta 34-080 has a secret following.  Its a heavy, rigid, and accurate little 10" miter saw.  The main shaft is full length of the motor and very stable.  Sellers often associate it with the quality level and low resale value of the later 36- Delta miter saws and thus downgrade the price significantly.