ceiling fans stopped working after power outage
i have 3 of these in series in a riding arena
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hubbell-Ligh.../309398940

after power outage from saturdays storms that rolled through, they wont turn on after power was restored. these use a wireless signal from a wall control. theres power at the wall control and at each fan but no action.

all 3 were installed at the same time. i had the wall controls from the other 2 stashed and tried replacing them. that didnt help.
new battery in wall control didnt help.
now im wondering if maybe a power surge took out either the remote signaling part of them or the motor(s) but have no idea on how to check any of it.

anyone in the braintrust here might be able to guide me through checking this,that,and the other to determine what the problem is?
(07-30-2021, 04:26 PM)tomsteve Wrote: i have 3 of these in series in a riding arena
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hubbell-Ligh.../309398940

after power outage from saturdays storms that rolled through, they wont turn on after power was restored. these use a wireless signal from a wall control. theres power at the wall control and at each fan but no action.

all 3 were installed at the same time. i had the wall controls from the other 2 stashed and tried replacing them. that didnt help.
new battery in wall control didnt help.
now im wondering if maybe a power surge took out either the remote signaling part of them or the motor(s) but have no idea on how to check any of it.

anyone in the braintrust here might be able to guide me through checking this,that,and the other to determine what the problem is?

Taking a guess try repairing between the remote and the fan.   The sequence is listed in the link you sent for the fan under installation.    Roly
(07-30-2021, 04:59 PM)Roly Wrote: Taking a guess try repairing between the remote and the fan.   The sequence is listed in the link you sent for the fan under installation.    Roly

Did you try re pairing the devices between the battery operated switch and the fan yet ?   Roly
(07-31-2021, 07:52 AM)Roly Wrote: Did you try re pairing the devices between the battery operated switch and the fan yet ?   Roly

what devices would you be referring to?
(07-31-2021, 02:35 PM)tomsteve Wrote: what devices would you be referring to?

You have a remote control in the switch box, the one with the battery,  it wirelessly connects connects to the control in the fan according to the link you sent for the fans.   These have to be paired to each other so if you want only one fan to operate from the remote it can.  Same as a garage door opener.  It sounds like you are not using two of the three remotes, not sure how that works unless there is a way to do this.. I guess you could pair the remote to each.    In the instructions listed from your link it tells how to pair them.   Roly