Miter saw dust hood
Just received a dust hood for my miter saw from Amy-zon. It's the 5000L, for $139. Anybody used this type of hood?
9.5 fingers and 1 crippled
I've had the Roussseau 5000L dust hood mounted to my miter saw for many years now and don't have a real single complaint.  It does require that you have the extra space behind the miter saw which not everyone does but for those who can make it work it catches nearly 100% of the produced sawdust.  That price you paid is also gloat worthy.
Assuming you purchased the "Bylot," did you compare it to the Rosseau?  Was there any big difference besides price?  
I noted the description says for any 10" saw, which leads me to believe it's smaller.

As to the gentlemen using the Rosseau, how much extra space is needed behind the saw?

Thanks
I put it on a 12" Bosch glide. Worked well. The space I needed behind the saw was just enough for the 4" dust port. I ordered the By lot but I think I received the Rosseau. The fit just fine even with my saw being a 12".
9.5 fingers and 1 crippled
(07-31-2021, 08:58 AM)taxman Wrote: Assuming you purchased the "Bylot," did you compare it to the Rosseau?  Was there any big difference besides price?  
I noted the description says for any 10" saw, which leads me to believe it's smaller.

As to the gentlemen using the Rosseau, how much extra space is needed behind the saw?

Thanks

The Rosseau is a larger unit.  I was interested in this and read the reviews, the size difference can be found there.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I put a hood over both saws on my X-Cut bench, with a hose to the dust collector at bottom center on the rear.   There's some residual dust but it works pretty well over all.

[Image: P3290005-L.jpg]