Stanley #45
Photo 
  I was headed home after work & stopped at an estate sale just because... Was just about to leave when a kid knocked over the box this was in, dumping this all over the floor- a Stanley #45 with a complete (nearly?) set of cutters! [Image: 1f973.png]  $40 later it followed me home!  The 1914 Stanley Catalog says it came with 21 cutters (which this has) but I need to clean it up & verify the styles. I'm trying to find out anything I can about this, if I'm missing anything, date of manufacture, type, etc.  [Image: 222771776_10216354929304216_470398324558...e=6129488E]

Attached Files Image(s)

Carpe Ductum (Seize the Tape)
There is no obstacle that cannot be overcome with the proper application of High Explosives.
Now that is a great tool find story.

$40. That is also a definite you suck!!
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
You have a bonus as well. I see a set of hollow and rounds as well!

Congrats, great find.
Good deal! Now you need to build a replica box for it-never mind I've been going to do that for years
(07-31-2021, 09:40 PM)toolmiser Wrote: Good deal!  Now you need to build a replica box for it-never mind I've been going to do that for years

Don't feel bad. I am in the same mind set concerning my #55....
Good find.

Some people don't like them.  I sure like mine.
(07-31-2021, 11:47 PM)Ray Newman Wrote: Don't feel bad. I am in the same mind set concerning my #55....

I also have a 55 that needs a box
It has been a while since I remember seeing a competition here.

How about seeing how many WNers can get their boxes built for their #45/#55 this year?

Perhaps we could find a prize for whoever builds the best one (by popular acclimation or by dome judging panel TBD).
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Hmmm..

been done for a while..

care for a look inside?

Stanley No. 45, Type 4...

It only has one box of cutters, right now..

This will give some out there an idea..or two...

As long as I leave the short rods in place....plane will sit down in the box as is....no need to tear it down...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Very nice.
Yes  Thanks.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.