Drawer labels?
Hey all,

I'm working on a wood tool chest for the garage with 17 drawers. I'd like to add drawer labels that look good and are changeable (e.g., can replace a paper label), in case I need to move things around in the future.

The problem is, everything I can find online looks either poorly/cheaply made, vintage/antique (the antique bronze look is very popular), or both. Lots of ugly. I know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Any suggestions of where to get good drawer labels? Simple, clean looking, no integrated drawer pull. Probably prefer a brushed or polished silver colored metal, but black or white could work. Yellow brass is a maybe. Don't really like the vintage look for this.

Thanks,
Tyler
It's probably worth mentioning that I'll have a bunch of 2.5" tall drawers, one 1.5" tall drawer (could skip the label on this one if necessary), and some deeper ones, up to 5.5".

Tyler
Get the size/design you want and order some of this; https://www.amazon.com/Krylon-K05125507-...6510&psc=1
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
How are the drawers made? What are the made of? How about cutting a shallow groove across the width of the drawer fronts with a dovetail cutter? Then you can slide paper labels in, maybe with a clear plastic cover.
A dovetail router bit is 1/2" wide.  Run some shallow dovetail grooves on the edge of a board then rip them off so you've got a thin wood strip you can slide a 1/2" piece of card stock into.  Cut to length and finish the ends to suit.

There's always a Brother P-Touch with either white or clear background tape.  That's what I use.
These are some good suggestions. Using dovetail grooves could work nicely, and it wouldn't be too much extra effort to make the grooves a little wider (like 3/4" instead of 1/2") if desired.

I just finished the case and am starting to rough cut the drawer pieces. They'll be flat sawn white oak. Front about 3/4" thick. Dovetailed drawers, mostly so I can practice doing hand cut dovetails.

Thanks,
Tyler