Woodworking and Neighbors?
Lots of good advice here.

My neighbors have never said a word. Most know I have a woodshop in the back of our quarter acre lot.
Some of them because I have made little repairs, tool loans, etc over the years.

As stated above, being cognizant of the time of day/evening is paramount. If you are already thinking
about being a problem to them, you won't be. In other words, you will know when "now is not the time."
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
As already mentioned above, be very cautious of HOA rules.

Bill Mayo used to get low-mileage Shopsmith units from folks who moved into HOA-controlled developments in FL where they then learned that the use of power tools by homeowners is forbidden 24/7.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(08-01-2021, 11:55 PM)iclark Wrote: As already mentioned above, be very cautious of HOA rules.

Bill Mayo used to get low-mileage Shopsmith units from folks who moved into HOA-controlled developments in FL where they then learned that the use of power tools by homeowners is forbidden 24/7.

Never had a problem, when we built our houses over the years always specified 220 in the garage.  Never had a complaint in 25 years, 4 houses - subd, most people are supportive, just be aware of hours for noise ordinences.
(08-01-2021, 10:09 PM)JohnnyEgo Wrote: Just don't be a jerk about it.

In a nutshell.  
Cool
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
If you have an HOA, check with them on the rules for noise.  Also consider insulating your garage.
Thanks everyone.    I'll ease into it slowly to not pee anyone off.
No HOA.

Check here for different opinions.

Winkgrin 

Different Opinions
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
No neighbors within hearing distance. A planned lifestyle many, many years ago. I'm sure I'd be incarcerated were I to wind up in a development with an HOA.

Doug
I never had any complaints with close neighbors, but never worked past 9 or before 8... Have had a few stop by while I'm working and say things like "oh I remember my dad running his machines making things" etc..

I'm actually (as I write this) moving into a new house and have just unloaded machines into my new garage.. So far have met 3 of the nearest neighbors, mentioned I do woodworking and told them if I'm ever being too loud, don't hesitate to let me know.. A little good will goes a long way. They've all said "oh no problem at all"
I agree with being friendly with the neighbors, we live on 2 acres, but sounds carry.
Also have offered to help when they might need something.