Cutting Board Delamination
I know you are not supposed to use face grain wood in an end grain cutting board, but I've seen pictures of said cutting boards and never heard of them delaminating.  Has anyone ever actually used face grain wood (small amounts, mostly for accents) in an end grain board and had it delaminate?

Asking for a friend
Big Grin

Sheri
Delaminate, no. But even small strips of face grain will cause greatly uneven stresses. The last time I tried to do that (it's never worked) the board turned into a potato chip. It will pretty much have zero chance of remaining flat.
(08-02-2021, 08:44 AM)FS7 Wrote: Delaminate, no. But even small strips of face grain will cause greatly uneven stresses. The last time I tried to do that (it's never worked) the board turned into a potato chip. It will pretty much have zero chance of remaining flat.

Thanks.  I had not thought about warpage.
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to and including their life. That is beyond honor.