Need parts for Craftsman 10" bandsaw
Is there a preferred source for bandsaw parts?  The drive belt on my Craftsman 10" bandsaw (model #21400 I think) shreded and most sites I found said the part has been discontinued.  I found a variety of them online (Amazon) but prefer a single source (not Amazon) for when I need other parts or try to improve it's performance.  Thanks.
(08-02-2021, 01:30 PM)Bach1750 Wrote: Is there a preferred source for bandsaw parts?  The drive belt on my Craftsman 10" bandsaw (model #21400 I think) shreded and most sites I found said the part has been discontinued.  I found a variety of them online (Amazon) but prefer a single source (not Amazon) for when I need other parts or try to improve it's performance.  Thanks.

Try this SITE as it is made by Rikon.   Item 135 poly v belt.   Roly
I was able to buy parts for an older Craftsman saw from Emererson tool company. I also bought a replacement belt for my table saw at the local NAPA store.
(08-02-2021, 03:37 PM)Roly Wrote: Try this SITE as it is made by Rikon.   Item 135 poly v belt.   Roly

Thanks, looks like they have it.  The stock saw doesn't cut especially straight, which is probably on me, but are there blades or other products that improve this particular saw's performance?  I use it as a general purpose, light duty saw, but would like it to be a little more accurate.  Thanks again.
I have the Ricon version of that saw and it works great. I keep a 3/16 10 tip blade in it. Bought it so I could keep a re-saw blade in the larger bandsaw and use the Ricon for curvy work. What is crooked on your cuts? What blade are you using? Did you follow the manual for setting up the blade guides?
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
(08-03-2021, 08:11 AM)KyleD Wrote: I have the Ricon version of that saw and it works great. I keep a 3/16 10 tip blade in it. Bought it so I could keep a re-saw blade in the larger bandsaw and use the Ricon for curvy work. What is crooked on your cuts? What blade are you using? Did you follow the manual for setting up the blade guides?

It still has the stock blade on it, but I'm not sure what that is, I can check later when I have a chance.  I haven't used it much over the past few years, and never used it much to begin with, but have found myself needing some radiused cuts a little more frequently recently. 

The cuts were never terrible, and what I'm getting may just be the limits of a small saw, but I'm sure there are ways to improve it.  I usually use if for a shallow radiused cut in 1/2" or 3/4" ply, or sometimes in 5/4 stock, but not very often. 

I remember a catalogue from quite a few years ago that was dedicated to band saws and had many recommendations on what products to use to improve them, but couldn't find anything like it when I poked around.  Thanks.
I think you are referring to the Iturra Design catalogue. It was very helpful when I set up my 14" Delta bandsaw for re-sawing. I set this up before the steel frame saws were not in wide availability like they are today.
I did not even bother to use the stock blade on the little Ricon. It sounds like a 1/4" 10 tip Olson blade would work for your cuts. I personally prefer a 3/16 10 tip olson. It cuts a little less aggressive and smoother and for me it seems to follow a line better. 
Here is a link to one on Amazon. It says carbide in the description but that is wrong- it is steel. I use this in 3/4 plywood all the time.
https://www.amazon.com/Olson-APG73170-0-...ref=sr_1_9[url=https://www.amazon.com/Olson-APG70870-0-025-2-Inch-Regular/dp/B000H6FV2O/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=olson+all+pro+3%2F16&qid=1628080523&s=hi&sr=1-2][/url]
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
(08-04-2021, 07:41 AM)KyleD Wrote: I think you are referring to the Iturra Design catalogue. It was very helpful when I set up my 14" Delta bandsaw for re-sawing. I set this up before the steel frame saws were not in wide availability like they are today.
I did not even bother to use the stock blade on the little Ricon. It sounds like a 1/4" 10 tip Olson blade would work for your cuts. I personally prefer a 3/16 10 tip olson. It cuts a little less aggressive and smoother and for me it seems to follow a line better. 
Here is a link to one on Amazon. It says carbide in the description but that is wrong- it is steel. I use this in 3/4 plywood all the time.
https://www.amazon.com/Olson-APG73170-0-...ref=sr_1_9[url=https://www.amazon.com/Olson-APG70870-0-025-2-Inch-Regular/dp/B000H6FV2O/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=olson+all+pro+3%2F16&qid=1628080523&s=hi&sr=1-2][/url]

That's it, thank you, and I remember it had a lot of useful info for setup too.  I couldn't find a web site, so I assume the catalogue is no more?  I know I saved the one I had, but won't find it until after I've spent a lot of time looking up information elsewhere.  I will get a new blade as I'm sure that will help, but what I really need now is the drive belt.  I guess Amazon is the only source now?
(08-04-2021, 11:25 AM)Bach1750 Wrote: That's it, thank you, and I remember it had a lot of useful info for setup too.  I couldn't find a web site, so I assume the catalogue is no more?  I know I saved the one I had, but won't find it until after I've spent a lot of time looking up information elsewhere.  I will get a new blade as I'm sure that will help, but what I really need now is the drive belt.  I guess Amazon is the only source now?

Iturra is still in business AFAIK. He just chose to not have a web presence. For sure get a new better quality blade. The blades that ship on new band saws are typically mediocre.
(08-08-2021, 05:03 AM)kurt18947 Wrote: Iturra is still in business AFAIK. He just chose to not have a web presence. For sure get a new better quality blade. The blades that ship on new band saws are typically mediocre.

Yup, still in business.  I called only to find out he doesn't carry the kind of belt I need, but he spent about ten minutes with me explaining where I could find what I need and how to measure it since the original belt is shredded.  Very nice person and I'll definitely order some blades when I get the wheels turning again.  You get a catalogue when you make an order.