Kitchen Build Thread
Outstanding! Are you doing anything with the space above the blender??
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Outstanding! Are you doing anything with the space above the blender??
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Yah check the paragraph before that last pic
Smile
(Typing slowly on my phone now)
Wow! That is outstanding. Glad to see you got it in a usable state. It's hard not having a kitchen when you have a family. Really great work.
(07-12-2023, 05:34 AM)stav Wrote: Wow! That is outstanding. Glad to see you got it in a usable state. It's hard not having a kitchen when you have a family. Really great work.

Thanks! The family was definitely patient. I did manage throughout the whole process to keep the fridge, sink, disposal, dishwasher, oven, microwave and gas range all accessible and functional by shifting things around and adding temporary plumbing/wiring as needed, which was a feat unto itself!
Looks really good.

I think your plan for the appliance garage on the right and floating shelves between them is solid. I personally don't like appliance garage, but know many who do. And the open shelves give you some flexibility for what you put on the shelves (to be either decorative or have easy access to for the fancy coffee machine).

(07-15-2023, 11:49 AM)msweig Wrote: Looks really good.

I think your plan for the appliance garage on the right and floating shelves between them is solid. I personally don't like appliance garage, but know many who do. And the open shelves give you some flexibility for what you put on the shelves (to be either decorative or have easy access to for the fancy coffee machine).

Thanks!
Happy belated Thanksgiving all.

Looks like it's been a few months since I updated my kitchen build thread.. It's "99.9%" done at this point but still some cosmetic details.  I took these pictures on Thanksgiving day right after cleaning everything up before the festivities, figured it would be a good time to take some new pix and meant to post this that day, but forgot to. (This is also by the way the first time we've entertained anybody in this new space)

Since the last update, the pocket door went in, all the windows and doors got re-trimmed with new paint.  The new appliance garage for the right-hand side of the wetbar was built and went in (it came out great!)

subway tile backsplash is all in, but it's not yet grouted because we can't decide on a color!

Most of the in-drawer LEDs are wired up (but not all, have to get around to finishing them.)

You may also notice I made new doors from white oak (rather than paint grade) for the upper cabinet by the sink, and re-made the two doors over the coffee machine.. I had originally made those doors slightly different with a third rail and divider kind of making two squares, thinking a bit of variation would be nice, but LOML didn't like it, so I made new ones, and I now agree I should have just kept it simple the first time around.

So what's left is grout for the backsplash, finish the LED wiring for inside all the drawers and cabinets, trim out the gaps between the cabinets and ceiling and make a couple simple floating shelves to go between the two uppers on the wetbar. Then, it'll finally be done! 

(12-04-2023, 11:26 AM)mound Wrote: Most of the in-drawer LEDs are wired up (but not all, have to get around to finishing them.)

OK...that is a new one for me. Very cool. 

Definately will not show that to my wife.
Just noticed the appliance garage and coffee maker. Careful with the brewing steam coming off the coffee maker affecting your finish. We had an issue with the our finish fogging a little bit from the escaping moisture.

Looks great BTW.