Parts for delta 17” drill press?
Just realized last night that the tilting table on my delta 17-950L drill press was slightly loose. 

The clamp trunnion shoe part number 5140029-82 Isn’t just broken, it’s shattered on one side. 

Unfortunately it looks like that part is obsolete 

Anybody have any suggestions for somewhere to get a similar enough part to fit?

Maybe somebody else started making these drill presses after delta abandoned them?

Thanks Duke
https://www.renovoparts.com/5140029-82-t...lamp-shoe/

Google is your friend
I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight kayaks

(08-07-2021, 12:41 PM)Kudzu Wrote: https://www.renovoparts.com/5140029-82-t...lamp-shoe/

Google is your friend

Yeah I found this listing, and am going to call or email them, but I believe this is the same company that was called out in another forum as having taken their money thinking they could get the part from delta and then later refunding once they found they couldn’t. 

Thanks for the lead. 
Duke
You might also check www.ereplacementparts.com
(08-07-2021, 12:41 PM)Kudzu Wrote: https://www.renovoparts.com/5140029-82-t...lamp-shoe/

Google is your friend

(08-07-2021, 03:54 PM)JDuke Wrote: Yeah I found this listing, and am going to call or email them, but I believe this is the same company that was called out in another forum as having taken their money thinking they could get the part from delta and then later refunding once they found they couldn’t. 

Thanks for the lead. 
Duke

When my X5 Unisaw died, I bought one of their so-called replacement parts (one of the racks). It was not even close to a fit. They did accept a return, and did refund me, though. Good luck.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
That clamp shoe looks similar to a trunnion clamp shoe for a 14" band saw (Delta 28-200 and Chinese lookalikes)
Maybe getting some dimensions and filing to fit will work.
(08-08-2021, 01:47 PM)Bob Vaughan Wrote: That clamp shoe looks similar to a trunnion clamp shoe for a 14" band saw (Delta 28-200 and Chinese lookalikes)
Maybe getting some dimensions and filing to fit will work.

I have a Delta bandsaw, maybe I will pull that one off and see how close it is before I order one.

thats why I post questions on forums like this, I know somebody else has looked for the part at some point and probably found a solution that will work.

the other option that I am considering is making a completely new part out of either steel, or a solid chunk of aluminum.

I have the metal working equipment to do it, but it looks like a fairly complicated part to make, and if I do that, I will probably need to make a second one for the other side, as well as replace the pot metal part that it clamps to...
the slippery slope is why I haven't started making a replacement yet.

I was fine for 13 years on cheap pot metal, so maybe I can get another piece and get another 13 years out of it.

thanks for the suggestions.

Duke
I called renovo this morning and they said they actually had the part so I ordered a couple. 

I also took the one off of my delta 28-276 bandsaw table and both it and the pot metal part that it nests inside were a direct fit. 

Hopefully if someone else finds this thread later that will help them get their drill press repaired. 

Duke
(08-09-2021, 04:55 PM)JDuke Wrote: I called renovo this morning and they said they actually had the part so I ordered a couple. 

I also took the one off of my delta 28-276 bandsaw table and both it and the pot metal part that it nests inside were a direct fit. 

Hopefully if someone else finds this thread later that will help them get their drill press repaired. 

Duke

Kudzu thank your the recomendation on renovo, the parts arrived today and they are the correct parts,

i did borrow one from the bandsaw to get the drill press back in action until these came.

Duke