Drill press chuck key
Anyone know of a a good source for a chuck key?

I have a mid 70’s Duracraft, chuck key is worn.  The chuck keys for my corded 1/2 inch drills are too small.

Thanks
Around here it is your local Ace Hardware store.
Know Guns. Know Security. Know Freedom - - - No Guns. No Security. No Freedom

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
Look for some info on the chuck. Maybe it says "Jacobs" or something similar. Also, if it has a size listed, that could help. You can't always go by the name and model number of the drill press. I replaced a chuck on my Grizzly with a different brand chck.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(08-07-2021, 08:04 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Thank you
I will look on the chuck and chuck key for any markings I will also check Ace Hardware
Thanks again

Take your old key with you to the hardware store.  Mine has about a kabillion of them on the board.  You will have to match yours to the ones they have.  Most likely they will have your key . . . at least they have the one I am looking for - every single time.

Guns are supposed to be dangerous. If yours is not dangerous you need to take it to a gunsmith and have it repaired.
If you can find any markings, let us know. For some reason, I have several extra chuck keys. I have given them away over the years to those in need. I don't need them.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(08-07-2021, 05:25 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Anyone know of a a good source for a chuck key?

I have a mid 70’s Duracraft, chuck key is worn.  The chuck keys for my corded 1/2 inch drills are too small.

Thanks

eBay
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Amazon shows both chucks for that drill press and keys for those chucks.

https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Drill-Chuck...B08CNLHZWB
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Does the key by chance have a marking on it?

Garry
I think it is more important to look for the markings on the chuck.  That can be used for compatibility checking.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(08-10-2021, 10:12 AM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Jacobs K-3 chuck key 
$8 at the local Ace hardware store.

Thanks again for all the help.

Winkgrin