Best CNC kit below $3000
Looking to get a CNC later this year but want to get started on researching now. I'd like to keep it around $2500 with a $3000 hard cap for the hardware. (ok well it may be a little flexible lol) After a brief search the 2 that seemed the most promising were the shapeoko and onefinity. Are there others you would recommend?
How much are planning to spend on software?
VH07V  
(08-10-2021, 05:51 PM)EightFingers Wrote: How much are planning to spend on software?

I should have clarified that the $3000 was for hardware only.  I'm still debating on software choices for now.  Reading and watching yt videos on pros and cons.

The more info I read on the onefiity definitely has me leading in that direction.  In that price range is there another machine that has ball and screw architecture?
(08-10-2021, 06:16 PM)Juss1 Wrote: I should have clarified that the $3000 was for hardware only.  I'm still debating on software choices for now.  Reading and watching yt videos on pros and cons.

SNIP

Can’t speak to anything other than 1f but software-wise, both the free versions of Carbide Create and Fusion360 work with the 1f.

Vectric’s and Carveco’s various offerings seem to be the popular paid options.

They all have trial period software.

Unless you are already experienced at CNC I’d start out with the free stuff, then trial the paid version when you know your way around the cnc workflow and what you are hoping the paid software will do for you that the free won’t.

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
It’s also not a bad idea to try drawing some things out in free software before you buy anything to see if it’s something that you will be willing to learn. 

Carbide create is great and very easy to learn for 2.5D

Fusion360 is very powerful but not anywhere near as easy to learn. 
Fusion also translates well to milling and plasma cutting also so very much a jack of all trades.
I bought the Onefinitely earlier this year.  I am still definitely on the learning curve.  This is my first CNC experience so I have nothing to compare it to, but I also did a lot of research and have been looking at CNCs for over five years.  When I saw the Onefinity the decision was pretty easy for me based on the quality and the price point.  I bought Vectric Vcarve Pro with the discount that Onefinity was offering at the time.
Try 
CNC Routers – BobsCNC 

I know him personally. Is a retired Mechanical engineer from John Deere. I have never heard a problem with his machines and his customer service is above reproach. Tell him Tom Bussey referred you to him

Tom
Wink 
He sells his machines on Amazon also, so he is not a fly by night .

Tom
They look look they are made out of plywood.  not the best material for a CNC
We love our Shapeoko