Chest hardware
Hi all been out of the woodworking for a bit but recently retired and have some time to get back into it. Anyway I picked up a 1950s cavalier hope chest at a garage sale. Not looking to restore to perfect condition but just freshing it up. My problem is the lockset is missing. I could mortise in another another style but if I could find one that fits the wife/boss would be really happy. I checked woodcraft and rockler but nothing you all got some good sites for older hardware. Thanks
My first stop would be Van Dykes Restorers, they have a good collection of hardware for restoration projects.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(08-10-2021, 09:03 AM)chizlr40 Wrote: Hi all been out of the woodworking for a bit but recently retired and have some time to get back into it. Anyway I picked up a 1950s cavalier hope chest at a garage sale. Not looking to restore to perfect condition but just freshing it up. My problem is the lockset is missing. I could mortise in another another style but if I could find one that fits the wife/boss would be really happy. I checked woodcraft and rockler but nothing you all got some good sites for older hardware. Thanks

If it is a "Lane" brand, check out their website.  They were doing a lock-set replacement offer a while back due to safety issues. (yikes, I just realized it was 11 years ago!) 
I replaced one for a 1950's  chest.  The company was GREAT to deal with.

I did a quick look on Google.  Here is what they say now:

Replacement locks for cedar chests locks can be ordered at https://www.lanefurniture.com/about/product-safety, or contact a Lane Lock representative by email at new.lock@heritagehome.com or call toll free (800) 225-0265.

Hope that helps!

-Brian