Popluar Woodworking New Editor?
Logan Wittmer is the editor for the Oct. issue. The name on the last issue I read (forgot which issue (April or June?)) seemed to be different.

Not my copy, but the new issue looks more decent than those published in the last two or three years. Wittmer himself had to do the editorial plus three articles by himself to fill the pages. A tough job.

Simon
Logan is a very knowledgeable guy and he knows hand tools as well. He worked at Woodsmith before he became a plant manager. He is, indeed, the Editor in Chief for PW according to their website. About time they brought in someone with more than a cursory knowledge of woodworking. Not sure it'll completely stop the bleeding, though. They still have a corporation to please who may not necessarily understand their subscriber base. Let's hope Logan is successful.

BTW, Woodsmith and Popular Woodworking are now both owned by the same company - Active Interest Media. So, sort of a lateral move for Logan.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
(08-12-2021, 04:22 PM)AHill Wrote: Logan is a very knowledgeable guy and he knows hand tools as well.

Logan is one of us. I don't remember where I first ran into him quite a few years ago, but we've chatted numerous times and have made some tool trades at least a couple of times. He keeps a presence on various tool forums to stay abreast of current trends. In the latest issue, there is an article on Andrew Kimmons who started making very high quality chisels a relatively short time ago. He has a shop on Etsy and is active on several Facebook groups, which is where Logan found him.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
(08-12-2021, 04:22 PM)AHill Wrote: BTW, Woodsmith and Popular Woodworking are now both owned by the same company - Active Interest Media.  So, sort of a lateral move for Logan.

News to me. I know AIM owns the now defunct American Woodworker. 

As a practical reader of any woodworking magazine, I want diversified content, not just hand tools or just power tools. 99.9% of woodworkers in the world use both types of tools anyway.

Simon
(08-12-2021, 05:58 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: News to me. I know AIM owns the now defunct American Woodworker. 

As a practical reader of any woodworking magazine, I want diversified content, not just hand tools or just power tools. 99.9% of woodworkers in the world use both types of tools anyway.

Simon

I agree with the blended tool use, of hand and power tools. I am put off by those that preach one over the other, but unseen to us (viewers or readers) are using both in the background.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com