lookin for a caulk/sealant.
unfortuantely i dont have a picture but think i can describe the problem.
got a pole barn with blacktop driveway on one side. blacktops right up against steel siding. got about 1/4"space along the wall between blacktop and siding.
problem- inside that wall(20 by 60 shop) the elevation is 3-4" lower than outside so we get water seeping in from time to time. and with the  heavy rains weve been having recently, "from time to time" has been quite a bit and quite a bit of water comin in.

anyone have a suggestion for a caulk/sealant to use to seal this up?
I'd use a rubberized caulk designed for concrete. That should stop most water ingress.
In this instance caulk is a band-aide. 

Address the problem itself and it will disappear.

Without more information, I suspect either no gutters or gutters that are blocked.

If the water is running down the driveway against the wall, then add a drainage trough to route the water away.

This kit spans 10 feet and costs $120.00.  From Lowes, but Menards and Home Depot carry their own versions.  You will probably want to caulk in addition to providing drainage.

[Image: 42393407.jpg?size=pdhi]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I agree, fix the issues that are causing the water infiltration first.
(08-12-2021, 04:08 PM)FS7 Wrote: I'd use a rubberized caulk designed for concrete. That should stop most water ingress.

and foam backer rod.  If you just fill the crack with the sealant it will not be elastic enough.  Backer rod forms the sealant into the right shape to allow it to stretch and not pull away from either side.  it will also save you a ton of sealant.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Lexel.
Waterproof, dries clear, works great.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.