How would you frame this?
I appreciate it but the splines being uneven tells me maybe I need to adjust my 2 minute TS spline jig I made last night a bit better.

Attached Files Image(s)

"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Does your jig have a stabilizer which rides over the fence?
Tilting could cause this.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
(08-18-2021, 09:07 AM)Gary G™ Wrote: Does your jig have a stabilizer which rides over the fence?
Tilting could cause this.

No. My jig was done in maybe literally 1 minute. I will be adjusting it's build and effectiveness hopefully. I have a painting my daughter did and I want to make sure I do better.
I thought the object of framing artwork was to emphasize the artwork, not the frame splines.
Wink

I agree that future improvement is always a good goal, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with what you’ve got there.
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
(08-18-2021, 12:18 PM)MauleSkinner Wrote: I thought the object of framing artwork was to emphasize the artwork, not the frame splines.
Wink

Oh it is.... but the recipient knows nothing about the splines,  miters etc.... in fact when I gave it to him he asked if the solid oak frame was "real wood".  I was using this opportunity to do something that I never have done.  1...I never made a picture frame.  Nope...never had. And 2. I wanted to try some splined meters.
Haha, oh my, you are absolutely right about the recipient. When they order a photo frame, they have almost no expectations other than the color of the wood.