I'm torn on which router
I have owned both and chose the LN over the veritas for both the large and small.  If you hold it properly the ergonomics are actually better on the LN large router IMO.  Don't palm the knobs curl your index finger amd thumb around the knob and put your palm heel on the workpiece.  They are a finess tool not coarse stock removal.

There is better blade selection on the veritas.  Even though I prefer the LN the veritas is an excellent tool.  For the mini of course the square shank on the LN mini is superior.

You can also place a hinge leaf between the LN depth stop and the body with the blade resting at the zero position ans you now have it set for the perfect depth.

my .02
I also have a "hinge routing plane", though I don't remember if it is LN or LV. It is long & slender, made specifically for cleaning up the bottoms of hinge pockets. It excels at that, especially because of the shape.

Thing is, it is handier to just clean bottoms with a chisel!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I seem to be in the minority here, but I prefer the LN. I initially started with the LV, but after using the LN in a class I sold the LV. I just preferred the vertical handles.

I also have a small bronze route plane from Moberg tools. That one is my favorite, but only works for narrow stuff. Amazingly comfortable though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAReqvUXpqY Also read the viewers' comments.

For looks, I prefer the L-N; for functionality and versatility, I'd definitely go with the Veritas.
(08-13-2021, 03:43 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I've come down to either a Lie Nielsen or Veritas router plane to add to my collection, but I just can't decide which one.  The Nielsen is out of stock currently, but I don't mind waiting if that's the one I finally go with.

Any of y'all wanna make this decision even harder for me?  I've never used a router plane so I have zero experience.  I just know I want newer design.

Depending upon your urgency and disposable income, many people think highly of the Walke Moore copy of the Preston router planes. https://www.walkemooretools.com/shop/p/f...op8ktvyshp   I have no affiliation with them nor do I own one of the router planes.
(08-14-2021, 07:19 PM)bandit571 Wrote: IT is a bit dusty...because it has been in a lot of use, lately...and yours?
Winkgrin

Really, can you ever respond to a post without getting snarky???????????????????????????????????????????????
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Hmm....just returning snarky for snarky....
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
(08-15-2021, 07:33 AM)msweig Wrote: I seem to be in the minority here, but I prefer the LN. I initially started with the LV, but after using the LN in a class I sold the LV. I just preferred the vertical handles.

I also have a small bronze route plane from Moberg tools. That one is my favorite, but only works for narrow stuff. Amazingly comfortable though.

I’m very happy with my LN too. Excellent tool.
I ordered the Veritas yesterday. Email notification says it shipped today. I'm excited!

First job: Bread board ends on a table I'm building. I'll attach it to a plywood sub base so that it'll reach four inches out.
Semper fi,
Brad

(08-26-2021, 07:00 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: I ordered the Veritas yesterday.  Email notification says it shipped today.  I'm excited!

First job:  Bread board ends on a table I'm building.  I'll attach it to a plywood sub base so that it'll reach four inches out.

Good choice. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Tom