Help with a strange hand saw.
I was wondering what this saw was or is used for.  I am old and this is the first of this design that I have ever seen. 

Thanks.  Jim

Scary thing is Jim might just be right... Patsfan 04/04/05
Not sure. But it looks like it's for decorative purposes.
(08-16-2021, 09:00 AM)Router-Jim Wrote: I was wondering what this saw was or is used for.  I am old and this is the first of this design that I have ever seen. 

Thanks.  Jim

That saw is designed to part people with poor taste, from their money.
(08-16-2021, 09:50 AM)Joe Bailey Wrote: That saw is designed to part people with poor taste, from their money.

Yes
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
(08-16-2021, 09:00 AM)Router-Jim Wrote: I was wondering what this saw was or is used for.  I am old and this is the first of this design that I have ever seen. 

Thanks.  Jim

What happens to tools soaked in vinegar?
Give someone a laser cutter...

At least it wasn't an older saw, based on the handle.
At least it doesn't have John Deere tractors painted on the plate.

This is a classic example of f-o-l-k art. Purely decorative and not functional as a saw anymore. You find that sort of thing on Etsy a lot.

Crazy filters on WN. Changed f-o-l-k (without the dashes) to fudge!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
And...Yard Sales...
Upset
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Thanks for the replies.  You guys are all right.  It was on a local online auction which has a lot of Amish tools etc.  I went and looked at it and it actually looks like it was hand cut years ago.  It had no signs of being laser cut and had a nice patina.  Someone bought it for $6.  FWIW, it was a Diston saw.
Scary thing is Jim might just be right... Patsfan 04/04/05
(08-16-2021, 09:50 AM)Joe Bailey Wrote: That saw is designed to part people with poor taste, from their money.

Instead of a tpi, it has a $pi.