Screw Box
Several months back, I picked up a 1" wood tap for cheap. Today, I was looking online for a matching screw-box to cut the screw portion. Came across a video on making one. Seems to easy to make one.......except the cutter. The guy in the video used a triangle file ground down.  

I think I can get a piece of O1 steel and fashion a blade. I did find spare blades online, but with shipping, I might as well buy a screw box.  I think if I make one using the tap I already have, I will make one that perfectly matches the tap. 

Who has a screw box and willing to show me the blade?  I need to know the stock dimensions, and a good shot of the cutting edge.
I’ll try to post a pic tomorrow afternoon if nothing’s shown up by then.
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
Here ya go…3/16” square stock, about 1 1/4” long. Looks like a triangular file down the center for a “v”, with the outsides tapered meet.

Attached Files Image(s)

Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
Mine looks similar.  Make sure the V of the cutter is a little wider than the space between points of the tap.  After that, it's angle and positioning.  Here's mine, with the cutter held in with a modified carriage bolt:

Thanks both, exactly what I needed to see. Now I just need to dig around find a suitable piece of steel in the shop.
I am in luck as I found a piece of 1/4" x 1/4" O1 steel that should work perfectly for the blade. Also have a nice piece of clear piece of very tight grain locust or hickory (not sure which) that is big enough.

Starting to look like a fun little project.
I seem to recall Roy Underhill did an entire episode on making the Screwbox....
Confused
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that