Edge Banding bits
(08-24-2021, 09:22 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I've never used them.  Butt and glue that's all you need.

And maybe provide the opportunity to add a 23 ga. pinner to your toy err tool collection. That's the sort of application where 23 ga. pins shine. The holes are barely discernible in something like oak or ash.
I do like and use my pin nailer a lot.
Very useful tool.
(08-27-2021, 08:22 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: I do like and use my pin nailer a lot.
Very useful tool.

I agree, I have one and I find it useful attaching moulding, but I don't use many nails in my builds or repairs. I use mortise, tenon and dowels as much as possible. I do use pocket hole screws on plywood cabinet construction and I've used floating tenons also. I repair a lot of furniture in my shop and nails truly shorten the lifespan of furniture. Old furniture with nails always form cracks from seasonal expansion and contraction. I get a lot of work because someone in the past decided to tighten up a loose drawer or chair with nails and or screws. A well made joint, glued properly will last well over 50 years, if you use hide or Titebond original glue. Those glues also make the joint easily repairable in the future. I've repaired tables, chairs and dressers that were put together with hide glue at least 75 to 100 years ago that were solid in a lot of lower stress joints. the higher stress joints tend to fail but can be cleaned and re-glued without damage. If a dowel or joint has broken, I replace dowels, replace wood and re-fit the joint and the piece is good to go another few generations in a family or to others who will hopefully appreciate them. 

Paul
Bel air, MD