Thinning titebond. How much is too much?
You need bigger needles. I have some made for glue that work perfect.  You are just using to small a needle.
I have found how much a boat is used is inversely related to how much it weighs.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight kayaks

(08-21-2021, 11:28 AM)Eurekan Wrote: Did a search for this topic did not find anything. Here's the deal. I cracked a workpiece. It would be a long difficult process to recreate it so I want to glue it up. However, I don't want to spread the crack too much and lose the whole piece. I am diabetic so I have needles. What I want to do is thin the glue and inject into the crack with the needle. But, there is a lot of resistance through that 29 gauge needle. How much can I thin this before it just isn't glue anymore?

Have you tried the thinner Titebond III?
(08-23-2021, 07:46 AM)Cooler Wrote: A vacuum worked for me when I needed to glue up a piece of delaminated formica. I used masking tape to seal the nozzle to the countertop.

Ditto, used this many times over the years with great success in working glue into a  crack.  Sometimes I will dilute the glue a little to make it flow a little better.
(08-23-2021, 09:57 AM)Kudzu Wrote: You need bigger needles. I have some made for glue that work perfect.  You are just using to small a needle.

Go to a Feed store, that sells horse and cattle supplies, look at their needles, that is where I get mine for glue ups. The 30cc works best for me, the 60cc is just too large to get into tight places and is harder to control the flow out. The vacuum method works great if the crack goes all of the way through, I've used CA glue but I don't use it on a finished show side, CA can be really damaging to existing finishes.

Paul
Stu-Mac, the luthier supply house, sells glue-specific syringes.

https://www.stewmac.com/luthier-tools-an...gIsI_D_BwE

Amazon does too.

https://www.amazon.com/Creative-Hobbies-...B00T3GD6ZI

[Image: 3026-1-all-onwhite-updated-3000px.jpg]
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.