Tablesaw Placement in New Shop
Mobile base on your tablesaw and you'll never go back - DAMHIKT! In fact I have all my large tools on caster sets - very handy.

Doug
(08-25-2021, 06:20 PM)Tapper Wrote: Mobile base on your tablesaw and you'll never go back - DAMHIKT! In fact I have all my large tools on caster sets - very handy.

Doug

I agree completely. Even though the table saw is set in its spot, it’s on a mobile base, in fact other than the drill press, all of my other large tools are also on mobile bases. Planer, jointer, sander, router table, etc
The way to go.
Another vote for mobile bases. In the main shop only the 8" jointer and Delta radial ram drill sit on the floor.

One does NOT want that drill press on a mobile base.

Ed
No way would I want my principal table saw on a mobile base! Nor would I place it close to the door.

It is best located near the center of the longest dimension of the shop, and with enough space for the fence on the right to cut to the center of a 100" panel.

[Image: shop-1.jpg]
Wood is good. 
Wherever you place it, try to have at least 10 to 11 feet in front of it and 8 feet past the blade free. That way you can feed a full sheet of plywood through it without a problem.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
(08-26-2021, 12:42 AM)ez-duzit Wrote: No way would I want my principal table saw on a mobile base! Nor would I place it close to the door.

It is best located near the center of the longest dimension of the shop, and with enough space for the fence on the right to cut to the center of a 100" panel.

[Image: shop-1.jpg]

And the reason for this is?????????

Doug
Appreciate all the feedback. I'm going to roughly center it and will probably not go mobile since running dust collection to it. I may drop electrical to the right of the outfeed table, where I'll come in with the dust collection pipe so it's out of my way. Still getting used to the idea of dropping from the ceiling since I had all of it in the floor in the last shop.
FWIW, I recently converted my rudimentary DC system to the DustRight by Rockler. I changed all the fittings on my tools to fit their handle. I then bought their longer flexible hose that allows me to reach any tool at any location in the shop. I strategically located 220v plugs in the ceiling to be able to have power where/when needed.

This new setup gives me everything I need and now I can roll those tools against the walls or into nooks of the shop out of the way when not in use. I couldn't be more pleased with results.

Good luck,

Doug