Woodpeckers Rip-Flip Fence Stop System
Question 
I have a love hate relationship with Woodpeckers.  Some of the things they come up with are really not half bad, but not for the price they charge
Raised   Occasionally they pop up with one that has value to me and I can live with the price
Cool   Last year they introduced the Tablesaw Rip-Flip stop system which is very intriguing.  A bit high in price but I might be able to justify it because I seem to fall into projects requiring repetitive cuts with a fence move or blade change along the way.  So there is a need, and maybe I can justify the cost 
Rolleyes   

So my first question is any thoughts from the crowd?   My second question is 2 part  If there was a need and the cost was not a factor would you buy it? If not why not?  

https://www.woodpeck.com/rip-flip-fence.html
Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)
Thought about it, a lot. Decided I'd rather have the Wixey DRO. They cannot coexist, unfortunately. I have no regrets, though. I love the DRO. Can redial a measurement super quick with a good deal of accuracy. No time at all to recalibrate to a blade or dado. Best thing I bought for my Sawstop.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
My initial thoughts as I haven't seen this actual product before:
  • Very functional, as I use similar aluminum t-track extrusions with flip-stops on miter gauges, RAS fence, sliding tables, drill press and bandsaw fences, etc. Some of my flip-stops are retail products but many are shop made or 3d printed.
  • For that price you are halfway to a the Incra LS system!!! 
  • Look at the cost of a single aluminum t-track or some aluminum extrusion like 80/20 and you would have similar functionality for a fraction of the cost. You would still need to come up with the flip-stops but like I said those can be shop made, etc.
  • If price isn't a consideration... I love anything that enables repeatability in the shop so, go for it. 
    Big Grin
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
I agree with Lumber Yard.

I really liked the " move your dado" feature.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I have one and really like it. Bought an extra pair of stops since I knew at some point I'd want to I set multiple cuts and didn't know if the stops would be still available.

As to a DRO, the iGaging works just fine with the Rip-Flip system. Using one of the stops eliminates the need to bump the fence to set a specific distance. I get it close then use one of the stop screws to dial in the setting.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
I have a SS PCS so this seems interesting to me. No Woodpecker fan (a separate story having nothing to do with their products and more with customer "no service.")

Having said that, based on the video I can't see any reason not to buy one. It seems to solve several "sticky" problems inherent with the T-glide fence system (which I like a lot). In the past I've considered the Incra fence system, but never bought one because I thought it was too cumbersome for what I did in the shop. This system seems like a nice solution and I think is reasonably priced - YMMV.

Will be interested in what users have to say about its performance.

Doug
If there was a REAL need, I'd buy it, so the price wasn't a consideration for me.

I have little to no needs to do repetitive ripping cuts as described in the WP demo, so I wouldn't buy it. I only buy stuff or accessorize my machines for features that I can use often enough. By and large, there's little fat in my shop.

Simon
(08-23-2021, 03:16 PM)Just_Dave Wrote: So my first question is any thoughts from the crowd?   My second question is 2 part  If there was a need and the cost was not a factor would you buy it? If not why not?  

I have an old iincra LS table saw fence. It can put the fence anywhere you want with great accuracy it is absolutely repeatable and can be repositioned almost as fast as using a flip stop with no need to set the stop up in the first place. I have a way to quick mount it on my saw that has a beismeyer fence factory installed. Best of both worlds.

This flip stop system cost would put you about a quarter of the way to installing an Incra. Check it out and give it your consideration.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
(08-25-2021, 05:28 AM)KyleD Wrote: I have an old iincra LS table saw fence. It can put the fence anywhere you want with great accuracy it is absolutely repeatable and can be repositioned almost as fast as using a flip stop with no need to set the stop up in the first place. I have a way to quick mount it on my saw that has a beismeyer fence factory installed. Best of both worlds.

This flip stop system cost would put you about a quarter of the way to installing an Incra. Check it out and give it your consideration.

I'm familiar with the Incra fence system. Have considered it in the past but thought it would be cumbersome overall. Can you share your "quick mount" method please? Pictures?

Thanks,

Doug
I’m wondering why you keep the Bies in while using the Incra? I’ve used a TS-LS for about 8 years…can’t see any advantage to two systems. Common complaint is the positioner arm sticks out, but that’s where I placed a 10gal compressor and a shop vac so no big deal…that stuff has to consume space anyway. My planer out feeds over the top of the vac perpendicular to the saw.
Earl