Woodpeckers Rip-Flip Fence Stop System
A rip-flip can be handy for the short term, however, I do not see that it will do anything a DRO will not A DRO will allow you to compensate for different blades and still return to the same settings years later. The combination is close to ideal.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
(08-25-2021, 09:57 PM)cputnam Wrote: A rip-flip can be handy for the short term, however, I do not see that it will do anything a DRO will not  A DRO will allow you to compensate for different blades and still return to the same settings years later.  The combination is close to ideal.

Do you have a link to the DRO for setting rip dimensions?

Thanks,

Doug
My Unifence has a flip stop, it's nice to have, used it today.  
Yes . Need to see about getting another.
Woodpeckers is tough buy at their price point. I've never had a need or want for the fine adjustment either.

Ed
(08-25-2021, 11:22 PM)EdL Wrote: My Unifence has a flip stop, it's nice to have, used it today.  
Yes . Need to see about getting another.
Woodpeckers is tough buy at their price point. I've never had a need or want for the fine adjustment either.

Ed

EdL: I ran a Uni-saw with a Uni-fence for close to thirty years. Saw a number of modifications, add-ons, etc., over the years, but I just cannot imagine a flip stop. Can you give us more information or post a photo? 

As I no longer have the Unisaw (sold it in 2016 for a SawStop ICS) I do keep in contact with its new owner and I think he would be interested in this modification.
(08-25-2021, 01:03 PM)greenacres2 Wrote: I’m wondering why you keep the Bies in while using the Incra? 
I originally had the Incra on a Jet contractors saw. When I started cutting large numbers of sheets of plywood for cabinets I upgraded to a Unisaw. The Unisaw came with the Bies fence and it is very fast and heavy duty and plenty accurate enough for ply ripping. It stands up to the rough treatment throwing sheets of plywood at it causes. 

I considered selling the Incra but still find uses for it. Especially as a fence to the router installed in my table saw wing. Tapper, I will take and attempt to post some pictures of the set-up. My record of getting pictures to post on this forum is spotty.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
I really did spend a lot of time thinking about the flip stop from Woodpeckers. I think I would opt for a DRO instead. As far as the plywood part no two plywood's or different ends of plywood are the same thickness. I hear about using the flip stop to move the fence into position. The bump method leaves something to be desired.

There is validity to the stop method also  so if you have the money and think you would use it go for it. You can't take it with you. As someone said both systems might work well together.

Tom
Thanks to every one that has responded.  Sorry for not responding sooner, I have been working long hours and just haven't had the energy to even check on this let alone respond until just now.
I never really considered the DRO because my experience with Wixey has not been shall we say stellar.....  Needless to say I'm a tad skeptical because of that.   
I had totally forgot about the Incra TS-LS 
Raised But that is probably because I have always thought that the Incra stuff is over engineered.  Does a guy really need the minute accuracy offered by the Incra?  Heck yeah I do, but when I start getting too perfect on stuff I have to remind myself of something a friend told me once; "Dave you're building the crate, not the piano" 
Rolleyes

Thanks again for the reinforcement that I'm buying something useful and not just buying it because it is shiny with lots of bobbles 
Winkgrin

Dave
"Amateur Putzing in Shop." Northern Wood on Norm 5/07

"Dave's shop is so small you have to go outside to turn around" Big Dave on my old shop
So I built a new shop.  (Picasa went away so did the link to the pictures)
Here's a pretty good installation video on a SS PCS from YouTube if anyone's interested. I like the fact that there is no drilling and tapping necessary on the underside of the front rail.

Woodpecker Rip-Flip

Doug
(08-25-2021, 10:03 PM)Tapper Wrote: Do you have a link to the DRO for setting rip dimensions?

Thanks,

Doug
I'm sorry but I don't know what you want by that question. Nonetheless, I have no links handy.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
Just as a comparison, here is a video of a Wixey being installed on a Sawstop tablesaw (there's lots of these videos on YouTube - I just picked this one). Pretty involved process IMO with drilling and some modification. If you want the precision that a digital readout provides, I suppose it's worth it.

I have absolutely no association with Woodpeckers, Wixey or any other woodworking entity. I've ordered the Woodpecker product - will let you know what I think after it's installed.

Doug