Just a round to it project
Well, I have had this little fella sitting around on my various benches all year getting moved here and there out of the way. Of course I still manage to ding and scratch it, but that's ok. It was one of those defective handles I decided to play with a bit. The mortise originally went out of whack so I decided rather than throwing it away I would just piddle a bit. So out came the epoxy and saw dust mix and I re-cut the slot/ mortise. Originally wanted something to match my triple loop half back. So here it is unfinished no less. 12", 16ppi triple loop dovetail with a 32* hang. Got a little silly with the saw plate. And yes, I drew up a carcass saw and sash version as well. Just because. :
Smile Some day I may even actually make a couple.
[Image: 51399274830_840c1aeeb7_w.jpg]" />[Image: 51398522823_416c5a71d0_w.jpg]" />
BontzSawWorks.net
(08-23-2021, 05:23 PM)RonB1957 Wrote: Well, I have had this little fella sitting around on my various benches all year getting moved here and there out of the way. Of course I still manage to ding and scratch it, but that's ok. It was one of those defective handles I decided to play with a bit. The mortise originally went out of whack so I decided rather than throwing it away I would just piddle a bit. So out came the epoxy and saw dust mix and I re-cut the slot/ mortise. Originally wanted something to match my triple loop half back. So here it is unfinished no less. 12", 16ppi triple loop dovetail with a 32* hang. Got a little silly with the saw plate. And yes, I drew up a carcass saw and sash version as well. Just because. :
[Image: 51399274830_840c1aeeb7_w.jpg]" />[Image: 51398522823_416c5a71d0_w.jpg]" />
Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Those things are works of art Ron!
Formerly known as John's Woodshop
lt looks great despite the initial problems.
Always good to get a reminder that it isn't just us hacks who screw things up and then shuffle them around from bench to bench collecting dust and nicks. Just need a little more work on that salvaging them into gorgeous final products....

(08-23-2021, 05:23 PM)RonB1957 Wrote: Well, I have had this little fella sitting around on my various benches all year getting moved here and there out of the way. Of course I still manage to ding and scratch it, but that's ok. It was one of those defective handles I decided to play with a bit. The mortise originally went out of whack so I decided rather than throwing it away I would just piddle a bit. So out came the epoxy and saw dust mix and I re-cut the slot/ mortise. Originally wanted something to match my triple loop half back. So here it is unfinished no less. 12", 16ppi triple loop dovetail with a 32* hang. Got a little silly with the saw plate. And yes, I drew up a carcass saw and sash version as well. Just because. :
''How can we ever hope to understand atoms?'' Heisenberg had lamented that day.

''I think we may yet be able to do so,'' Bohr replied. ''But in the process we may have to learn what the word 'understanding' really means.''
Wow! Really nice.
Hi Ron, that is a really nice saw! Good you saved the handle!

Cheers
Pedder