pre-filter for septic system?
So when washing things like paint or finish out of a brush and doing such similar shop related tasks what methods can one use to reduce or eliminate the chemicals going into the septic system?
Is there some sort of a pre-filter that can be used between a workshop and the septic system to help protect the septic from more caustic stuff?
Ray
Practically speaking, no.  Better to contain said waste in a bucket and simply let it evaporate.  Not always easy but better than dumping it down the sewer.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

What Blackhat said is what I do.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I do the same with finishes, solvents and rags.
Outside to evaporate.
Don’t like pouring that stuff into our drain field.
I mostly use latex paints. I wash brushes, etc outside with a garden hose. Anything that requires solvents I clean the equipment in the solvent, rinse it outside then store the used solvent until I can take it to be disposed of. Anything woodworking related for finishes, etc I use a rag to wipe it on, let the rag dry then throw it out.