delta 31-250 drum sander problem
I have had this drum sander a long time and used it a lot.  Today, the crank that raises and lowers the feed table broke free from drive gear that moves the table.  I have looked at the connection and it is clearly not attached, but does not appear to be damaged.  I found a small cap screw on the floor below where they sit but can see no way to attach it to either gear.  Any suggestions welcome.  Thanks.
(08-26-2021, 05:33 PM)flip Wrote: I have had this drum sander a long time and used it a lot.  Today, the crank that raises and lowers the feed table broke free from drive gear that moves the table.  I have looked at the connection and it is clearly not attached, but does not appear to be damaged.  I found a small cap screw on the floor below where they sit but can see no way to attach it to either gear.  Any suggestions welcome.  Thanks.

It looks like a 5/16x18 set screw is used. See part #48 here:
https://www.ereplacementparts.com/delta-..._3539.html

Larry
Larry
(08-26-2021, 06:03 PM)lkomroff Wrote: It looks like a 5/16x18 set screw is used. See part #48 here:
https://www.ereplacementparts.com/delta-..._3539.html

Larry

That set screw is in place.  Problem is at the other end of the shaft.
(08-27-2021, 08:40 AM)flip Wrote: That set screw is in place.  Problem is at the other end of the shaft.

If part #69 is the gear you are referring to, it shows a set screw in it.  Screw #8
If you are talking part #55 there is  a roll pin that may be sheared off. item #56 Which does not explain the found set screw.
Roly
(08-27-2021, 09:53 AM)Roly Wrote: If part #69 is the gear you are referring to, it shows a set screw in it.  Screw #8
If you are talking part #55 there is  a roll pin that may be sheared off. item #56  Which does not explain the found set screw.
Roly

Problem solved.  Turns out that cap screw I found was one of two holding the drive gear engaged.  With is out, gear was able to rotate out of position with meeting shaft.  Put it back in and all fine.  Thanks for your help though.