Ground nesting bee fix
Emptying old barn to tear it down and putting my wood stash in newer shed.

Some bees objected to our trespassing.

Grabbed can of "Flying insect spray" and knocked down worst of attackers.

Then grabbed plastic tub, liberally sprayed the inside with bug killer and set it upside down over where we thought hole was.

Bees coming out to attack hit spray in tub and didn't make it out; bees coming back to hole ducked under edge of tub and likewise keeled over.

Had a few show up today but not many and they were easily terminated.

I'd do the same thing to a yellow jacket nest but I'd get a couple of those "foggers" to really make sure.
Laugh

After getting zapped on both ears day before while we were getting started I might have been more understanding but it was "them or us!" time
Rolleyes
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
An electronic fly swatter works too. Peppermint oil on your cuffs and cap will keep them away. I mix a few drops in a small pump bottle (about 1/2 cup) along with a few drops of dish soap so it will stay mixed.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
(08-27-2021, 07:44 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Emptying old barn to tear it down and putting my wood stash in newer shed.

Some bees objected to our trespassing.

Grabbed can of "Flying insect spray" and knocked down worst of attackers.

Then grabbed plastic tub, liberally sprayed the inside with bug killer and set it upside down over where we thought hole was.

Bees coming out to attack hit spray in tub and didn't make it out; bees coming back to hole ducked under edge of tub and likewise keeled over.

Had a few show up today but not many and they were easily terminated.

I'd do the same thing to a yellow jacket nest but I'd get a couple of those "foggers" to really make sure.
Laugh

After getting zapped on both ears day before while we were getting started I might have been more understanding but it was "them or us!" time
Rolleyes

I was cutting logs for firewood and got stung by yellow jackets . Had probably 15/20 stings that day.
Another time I was mowing the lawn and yellow jackets started coming out of a hole. I pushed the lawn mower over the hole and high tailed to the house. Sometime later the mower ran out of gas and I carefully pulled the mower into the barn. I noticed a yellow color at the bottom of the deck.Turned mower upside down and the entire bottom of the deck was a beautiful yellow color. 
Another time I saw a wasp nest in a hemlock bush. got a  Bernzomatic torch and burned the nest and wasps in a few seconds.
mike
Diesel / gasoline and a match....
Years ago my father found a bunch of ground hornets so he poured gasoline on them and lit them on fire. It was a small city, and someone called the police for burning in town. Officer shows up and Dad says if you have a better solution let me know. He finished the lecture and let him off with a warning.