Hook and loop
How do you rejuvenate the hook side of a sander? Won't even hold a new pad on a random orbital sander. I've blown it with air, tried alcohol rubbing with air and the shop vac. No luck.
Buy a new pad......they don't last forever.

Ed
(08-31-2021, 11:13 PM)EdL Wrote: Buy a new pad......they don't last forever.

Ed

Yep, what ED said....you don't rejuvenate them. A tip, putting pressure on the ROS as it works builds up heat in the pad quickly, don't put any force on ti, just let the sander's weight do the work.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-01-2021, 07:07 AM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Plus 3 on new pad. I also had to replace mine a ways back.

Might want to try one of these, worked for me

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DIABLO-5-in-.../303486800

Bob
You betcha, I keep a extra for my ROS stored with my disc.
9.5 fingers and 1 crippled
(09-01-2021, 07:17 PM)bob-t Wrote: Might want to try one of these, worked for me

https://www.homedepot.com/p/DIABLO-5-in-.../303486800

Bob

(09-03-2021, 06:36 AM)2Goober Wrote: You betcha, I keep a extra for my ROS stored with my disc.

Unfortunately, that's not going to do jammer any good.   
No 

Those are "interface" pads designed specifically for mesh abrasives.  They are made to attach to the hooks on the sander's backup pad and provide protection for them when using mesh screens.   Since jammer's backup pad is already fubar, the diablo interface wouldn't stick to it in the first place.   They are not much use with regular paper or film abrasive discs.   The diablo hole pattern doesn't align with all sanders either.  Festool's in particular.  Not a big deal, but folks may not be aware of it.

Another good practice for increasing the lifespan of a sander's backup pad is to use a vacuum while sanding.
I get mine from Ame-zone. They work with mesh and standard. It's the whole pad.
9.5 fingers and 1 crippled
(09-03-2021, 07:09 PM)2Goober Wrote: I get mine from Ame-zone. They work with mesh and standard. It's the whole pad.

If you use mesh abrasives, you’ll want to use an interface pad in addition to the sander’s backer pad.  Matters not , the brand. 

Otherwise, you’ll ruin the hooks on the sander’s pad very quickly - and those are expensive.