Bandsaws
Ok, looking to purchase a new bandsaw. Wanting to stay in the $800 to $1000 range.
Stationary, well probably put on a mobile base, but not a bench top.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks
If you're looking for a 14" saw, Grizzly has several in your budget range.

Doug
In that price range, you can do pretty will with either a Rikon or a Grizzly.  The Rikon goes on sale from time to time, though right now, it looks to be a bit above you target.
I had (many years ago) a new Grizzly 14" bandsaw and never had a minute's trouble with it. Sold it when I upgraded to a larger Rikon, which I now use mainly for heavy duty projects or resawing. Restored the Walker Turner 16" saw later, which is used for curves, etc.

I have a ShopFox 8" jointer and 15" planer, both with spiral carbide cutterheads. Same thing, not a minute's trouble with either. What's my point? Grizzly products have a good reputation on this board and their CS dept. usually does the right thing if there are problems. Their CEO use to roam these pages and post on a regular basis so he knows who we are.

Doug
(09-05-2021, 03:58 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: There are a couple of the grizzly saws I am looking at.
Then have to figure out how to get to the shop, as a delivery truck won’t make the driveway.
My neighbor has a skid steer, so.......

You can rent forks that fit on a skid steer.  When I got my Griz bandsaw, bigger one (500 lbs) I rented a Dingo, basically a walk behind skid, best $75 I ever spent.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I have the Grizzly 0555, have had it for a long time. Put a riser block on it, and have had zero problems with the saw. I recommend it if you are considering a Grizzly saw. There are some more iterations of the same saw for more  $$. 

Good luck with your quest.

Ed
I was going to throw out a 'good other than cheap bearings' word on the JET... but holy crap!  I just looked at prices online, and there's no way I'd give the kind of money they want for the either the 16 or 18" (which I have) today.  I got mine second hand, and with a mobile base.  I think a base would be almost a necessity if needs to move around.
(09-06-2021, 02:51 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Really leaning toward the grizzly 0555, looks to be more than enough for me, may also spring for the riser block kit too.

Have to line up help to get into the shop. Can probably get it delivered and put on my trailer at the end of the driveway, then go from there.  Like I mentioned, my neighbor has a skid steer.  Ahhh the power of hydraulics...

I just received the Grissly 555LX, I am new to Band Saws, I am an older man & new to wood working, the saw was fun & relatively easy to put together. All I can say is buy it for price it is a great saw. 2 men can easily carry it.
(09-06-2021, 02:51 PM)MT Woodworker Wrote: Really leaning toward the grizzly 0555, looks to be more than enough for me, may also spring for the riser block kit too.

Have to line up help to get into the shop. Can probably get it delivered and put on my trailer at the end of the driveway, then go from there.  Like I mentioned, my neighbor has a skid steer.  Ahhh the power of hydraulics...

Pointing out the obvious, but...

If you are planning on doing the riser block, do it from the beginning.

For one thing, the saw is lighter and less top heavy if you are moving it around without the upper wheel assembly. It is also much lighter without the table.

Also, there is no good reason to buy good blades that will be too small once you install the riser block. Start with good blades from the beginning and you will be happier in the long run.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Man, woodworking machinery prices continue to go up. Just looked at Grizzly's web-site to look at bandsaws and I couldn't believe the high prices!
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP