Lid-less parts container. A source?
This is actually my brother's idea that evolved. Back when we change or oil every 3000, we'd store the bottles upside down to drain, then cut the tops off on the band saw. We used them for parts, mixing, painting, and almost anything if a small container was needed. When I started using them in my nail/screw carrier, I realized the different colors could be used to categorize galv., S.S., bright, etc.. 1/2 gal. milk jugs work great for bigger projects since they'll hold about #10. And who would have thought they fit so nicely into a ........ wait for it....... milk crate.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
Shop yourself silly!   
Laugh
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(09-09-2021, 08:51 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: This is actually my brother's idea that evolved. Back when we change or oil every 3000, we'd store the bottles upside down to drain, then cut the tops off on the band saw. We used them for parts, mixing, painting, and almost anything if a small container was needed. When I started using them in my nail/screw carrier, I realized the different colors could be used to categorize galv., S.S., bright, etc.. 1/2 gal. milk jugs work great for bigger projects since they'll hold about #10. And who would have thought they fit so nicely into a ........ wait for it....... milk crate.

All great ideas! I'll probably do this for some of the drawers in my cabinet, actually. Probably at least half. My late grandpa used to use oil bottles and milk jugs in all SORTS of ways around his place. He used the motor oil bottles by laying them flat and cutting one side out. This left the neck of the bottle sticking out like a handle to pull on. lol I loved it.

T.J.
T.J.
Head Piddler, My Shop
Central Arkansas
I have a number of money pits (AKA hobbies), and for small electronic parts I did this to a couple 3' wide shallow drawers.   Easy to do, not unlike making half lap joints.

[Image: P1010010-L.jpg]
<p>The "dividers" in the Harbor Freight Storehouse boxes are actually small boxes that are removeable.&nbsp; My wife uses them in her sewing room cabinet and keeps bigger stuff in the emptied out box.&nbsp; They make a deep and a shallow version and large and small size internal boxes<br><br>https://www.harborfreight.com/search?category=2055&amp;q=storehouse<br></p><p><br></p><p>Besides I find them better to use than the ones that just have the little dividers in them.&nbsp; &nbsp;I can pull out one of the boxes so I don't accidentally grab a 1.5" screw instead of a 1.25" and I can take them to the work.</p>