How to hang these roller shades
LOML bought some roller shades that she would very much like to see in our living room. Problem is I can't figure how to secure them and have gotten into a bit of analysis paralysis. Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Here are the particulars. 

The shades go inside the window hole. The wall is block w drywall, no wood window trim. The drywall is drywall board with a scratch coat and then a plaster coat that was common in the 50s. House was built in 54. The drywall layer (all three parts together) is right at 1" thick. There is a 3/4" gap behind that to the window header. The window hole is 2.25" deep. That leaves me .75" to run screws into the window header. The drywall inside the window hole does not have a gap between it and the block, it is attached directly. The block wall is half red brick and half cinder block. The red brick is the outside layer as a kind of early stucco but with all actual materials.

Short of framing the window in wood, how do I hang these things? There doesn't seem to be any good anchor points.

Attached Files Image(s)

(09-07-2021, 08:28 AM)stav Wrote: LOML bought some roller shades that she would very much like to see in our living room. Problem is I can't figure how to secure them and have gotten into a bit of analysis paralysis. Any assistance would be appreciated. 

Here are the particulars. 

The shades go inside the window hole. The wall is block w drywall, no wood window trim. The drywall is drywall board with a scratch coat and then a plaster coat that was common in the 50s. House was built in 54. The drywall layer (all three parts together) is right at 1" thick. There is a 3/4" gap behind that to the window header. The window hole is 2.25" deep. That leaves me .75" to run screws into the window header. The drywall inside the window hole does not have a gap between it and the block, it is attached directly. The block wall is half red brick and half cinder block. The red brick is the outside layer as a kind of early stucco but with all actual materials.

Short of framing the window in wood, how do I hang these things? There doesn't seem to be any good anchor points.
What about a piece of wood cut to size and using construction adhesive to secure it to the top.  The next day, mount your shaded, I used a product called Power grab from one of the hardware stores.  Never moved.
Regards,
Bill B
Did something similar.  We ended up using the command strips from 3M.  One on the bracket to attach to the window frame and one to attach to the top inside of the window frame.  They seem secure for now. Time will tell how they hold up.
Wood strips tat the top, as required, mounted with this tape.

3M VHB Tape 5952 Double-Sided Acrylic Foam Tape - Heavy Duty, Industrial Mounting Tape - 3/4 inch width x 15 yards length, 45 mil thick - Black

[Image: 71d9qzEHnPL._SL1500_.jpg]
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]