Anyone know what these are for?
I got them in a tool lot a while back.  They don't seem to be guide bushings.  They just sit flush or maybe a tad inside the router base.

I feel sure I am in the minority in not knowing.

Attached Files Image(s)

"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
(09-07-2021, 12:49 PM)Scott W Wrote: I got them in a tool lot a while back.  They don't seem to be guide bushings.  They just sit flush or maybe a tad inside the router base.

I feel sure I am in the minority in not knowing.

Turn them over and put nut on the threaded part.  The sleeve part has the router bit inside and the outer part goes against the wood or pattern.  Roly
(09-07-2021, 01:36 PM)Roly Wrote: Turn them over and put nut on the threaded part.  The sleeve part has the router bit inside and the outer part goes against the wood or pattern.  Roly

No
No
No Maybe you should look at the picture again? 
Winkgrin
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
(09-07-2021, 01:36 PM)Roly Wrote: Turn them over and put nut on the threaded part.  The sleeve part has the router bit inside and the outer part goes against the wood or pattern.  Roly

So here are the two nuts that came with it. I really don't get what I'm looking looking at.

Attached Files Image(s)

Just a wild guess but might they be for centering the router base plate on the router bit for collet work?  No clue why there are some many parts though.  Seems like one for a 1/4" bit and one for 1/2" would be sufficient.  Anyway, if that ain't it I got nothing.

John
The Rousseau Company calls them reducer rings. Still not sure why you would need them. Linky

Larry
Larry
(09-07-2021, 03:39 PM)lkomroff Wrote: The Rousseau Company calls them reducer rings. Still not sure why you would need them. Linky

Larry

Rousseau reducer rings to reduce bit opening for safe & accurate cuts
I would expect them to fit at least one brand of router plate for mounting the router under a router table. The different size holes are to provide minimum clearance around the router cutter - sort of like a zero-clearance insert for a tablesaw.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Thanks a lot for the responses.  I just assumed they'd be used with a hand held router.