More Shaper Origin uses
Most of the things I've done with my Shaper Origin (except for recently experimenting with cutting dovetails) has been template cutting. Either creating the template to cut other parts or using the CAD as the template.

But I've also done a handful of epoxy filled inlays on cutting boards. This is a bent lamination charcuterie board a friend wanted as a wedding gift. They wanted it personalized with the wedding date. I managed to dodge the task of making cheese knives though.

Fun and simple projects. Most of the work is prepping the CAD to make sure that the text can be cut with the sizes of straight cutters I have. These aren't done with V-bits like you might on a gantry style CNC. I'm using food grade rated polyester two part epoxy with black dye in most cases, Alumalite brand.  I seal the area with blonde dewaxed shellac. Two coats seem to work well on edge grain boards. A minimum of 4 for end grain boards. And I use some blue-tape to minimize epoxy on areas that don't need it. In this case, the board was one I made a year or more ago and so had already been sealed with mineral oil. So I made sure to use plenty of shellac to give the epoxy a chance to bond to the edges of the recess. 

Cutting the recesses:

After a couple of days to make sure the epoxy is fully cured I go back with a chisel to pare away excess and then use a card scraper followed by the usual progression of grits to sand the surface. I use mineral oil to prep the boards.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin