Woodpeckers 1282SS not straight.
(10-10-2021, 10:25 PM)meackerman Wrote: I wouldn't try and fix it.....for what WP charges, it better come perfect.

I agree obviously.  Plus I have to say they were top notch to make it right and didn't argue or fuss or anything.  Very nice CS. 

For any of the premium stuff I don't expect to have to "fix" the item I paid a lot for.  Hone the blade maybe.. that's it.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
No personal experience but I’m not a fan of Woodpeckers because I don’t like ordering something and waiting many months to get it. But I’m glad it worked out for you. Did you consider Starrett? If not, why? I’ve got their 4” double square and 12” combination square and both are dead on. I also have the 7” Incra square that is perfect but without markings.
(10-13-2021, 02:22 PM)Katzrme Wrote: No personal experience but I’m not a fan of Woodpeckers because I don’t like ordering something and waiting many months to get it. But I’m glad it worked out for you. Did you consider Starrett? If not, why? I’ve got their 4” double square and 12” combination square and both are dead on. I also have the 7” Incra square that is perfect but without markings.

Yes. I have older starretts, brown and sharpe and craftsman. Their "squareness" never agreed with each other so I wanted one that would be reliable and predictable.  I didn't get a new starrett because I like the scribe line holes with the WP (which is why I went with the SS version and not aluminum) plus how when it sits on the stock it doesn't dip...if you can imagine what I mean.  I don't remember how they call that feature. That's why I didn't get the Incra Gauranteed square. In fact I went to woodcraft to get the incra b/c I saw it was in sale but it wasn't there...I don't regret the WP. It took them maybe 5 days to ship and I got it around 3 days later. Don't recall exactly. I got the 12 inch and the 6 inch set b/c shipping was quicker to your point.
See if they will swap it for a Starrett. Or buy a $7 artist triangle.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

(10-14-2021, 09:48 AM)Scott W Wrote: Yes. I have older starretts, brown and sharpe and craftsman. Their "squareness" never agreed with each other so I wanted one that would be reliable and predictable.  I didn't get a new starrett because I like the scribe line holes with the WP (which is why I went with the SS version and not aluminum) plus how when it sits on the stock it doesn't dip...if you can imagine what I mean.  I don't remember how they call that feature. That's why I didn't get the Incra Gauranteed square. In fact I went to woodcraft to get the incra b/c I saw it was in sale but it wasn't there...I don't regret the WP. It took them maybe 5 days to ***** and I got it around 3 days later. Don't recall exactly. I got the 12 inch and the 6 inch set b/c shipping was quicker to your point.

It appears I had a typo? Sorry if that's the case.
(10-14-2021, 04:06 PM)Scott W Wrote: It appears I had a typo? Sorry if that's the case.

One of the "features" of the recent forum software update was the addition of a second nanny filter. Unfortunately, that filter now replaces all 4-letter words that start with "shi" with 5 asterisks.

Fixing that is way down on the punch list of problems created by the software update (but it is on the list).
Sigh
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(10-14-2021, 10:16 PM)iclark Wrote: One of the "features" of the recent forum software update was the addition of a second nanny filter. Unfortunately, that filter now replaces all 4-letter words that start with "shi" with 5 asterisks.

Fixing that is way down on the punch list of problems created by the software update (but it is on the list).
Sigh

That's probably better than some places where they drop word bombs left and right. Thanks for telling about that.