wiring/conduit question
(09-27-2021, 02:40 AM)srv52761 Wrote: <p></p><p><font color="#e82a1f">May be a local restriction.&nbsp; It is still allowed in the latest (2020) edition of the NEC</font></p><p><font color="#e82a1f">https://www.mikeholt.com/newsletters.php?action=display&amp;letterID=2323<br></font></p><p><a href="https://www.mikeholt.com/newsletters.php?action=display&amp;letterID=2323">Link to Mike Holt article.</a><br></p><p><font color="#e82a1f">.</font></p><p><br></p><p><br></p><p><font color="#e82a1f">I think the differing colors refer to the actual receptacles, and not the conductors, so you can identify quickly which circuits are in use.</font></p>

I planned to use black/white pairs (Receptacles, not wires) to differentiate the two general purpose 120v circuits.. The dust collector and air cleaner (both 120) each also get their own, and I have a grey and ivory receptacle for those.

Labeling all the conductors so you know which is which as you do the wiring I suppose can be left to the imagination? little wiring label maker?
"May be a local restriction. It is still allowed in the latest (2020) edition of the NEC"

I couldn't find anything. Maybe it was just his own best practice. He pulled the permit and helped me with the run to the pedestal while refusing to charge me, so I did the work to his standards. At worst, I bought an unnecessary spool of green wire and have an overbuilt grounding system. I was later able to get him back by refusing to take payment for brushhogging his horse pasture.
Big Grin

"I think the differing colors refer to the actual receptacles, and not the conductors, so you can identify quickly which circuits are in use."

Ah. This is a good method to use. We use that in broadcast plants to signify A/B/Switched power. We even buy cords with the colors to match.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.