should have done it years ago department
(10-04-2021, 12:52 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: The Fastcap bottles, at least for the smaller ones, also clog over time, and that is partly why they sell replacement tips (for lazy people who don't want to clean things).

I only have the large Fastcap bottles.  Yes the rubber cap has broken off on a number of them.  They have never clogged, even with me forgetting to cap them sometimes.  I have not been doing any big glue up so can't compare to the convenience over the original bottles.  I would likely just pour it out the top when I do a large glue up upcoming.
A carpenter's house is never done.
Me - I just pry the top off with a screw driver and dig out the glue.  I always forget to push the top back down - always.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
(10-01-2021, 07:40 PM)Ray Newman Wrote: Just put the cap between your teeth and pull. Just like pulling the pin on a hand grenade.
Big Grin

HA!  I did that for a long time until I chipped a tooth (it must have been cracked to begin with) so now I don't!  Oh, glue bottle, not grenade.....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(10-01-2021, 07:40 PM)Ray Newman Wrote: Just put the cap between your teeth and pull. Just like pulling the pin on a hand grenade.
Big Grin

BOOM! But you don't have to throw it near someone. 
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Big Grin
Jim
(10-04-2021, 11:42 AM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: A trip to the dental office over broken teeth (for guys over 70) could be a good reminder why younger folks can do anything they want. :-)

Simon

When I think back to my college days of opening a six-pack of Molsons with just my teeth...
Hey, we didn't have an opener and we were driving, what else were we spose to do? (Oh, and it wasn't the first six-pack, but you probably already figgered that out...)
(09-17-2021, 04:18 PM)MarkSingleton Wrote: A minor glue up this morning. But the stopper for the glue bottle didn't want to budge.
Had to get a pair of pliers and pull the silly thing off.

Saw this somewhere, years back, but never got around to doing it.  Today was the day.

Why did I wait so long?  Who knows.

Place the bottle with the stopper on the edge of the bench. Tap lightly with a hammer. The hardened glue will break off. 
When you are done gluing for the day, wipe excess glue off around the stopper/ cap.
mike

Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Big Grin

Just try it with full dentures. You'll have three thing flying by.