RIP Myron Curtis
Quote:The officers and board members of Tidewater Turners are sad to report the passing of one of our long-time members. 

Myron Curtis, passed away, today, September 17th after a recent illness. 

Myron, with 85 years of woodturning experience, was a founding member of our club and instrumental in forming the club we know today.  From its creation until just days ago, Myron participated in most all our events.  Myron was well known in the AAW and, over the years, taught at Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts.  He will always be remembered as the inventor of the quarter inch drop-nose scraper.  It was not unusual for him to pull one out of a pocket to demonstrate a particular facet of woodturning.  It’s hard to believe there isn’t a member of Tidewater Turners who hasn’t benefited by his advice.  He and Sue welcomed many a turner to their home and into his shop. Just this summer, he hosted a series of woodturning classes.  Any time you visited, you could depend on being assigned “homework” to complete before the next meeting. For many years, he regularly attended our meetings sitting in “his” chair.  Myron will be missed by woodturners both in our club and throughout the AAW.

Tidewater Turners is our local club in the Hampton Roads, VA, area.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
My condolences. Eighty-Five years of woodturning experience? How old was Myron when he passed away? Over 100?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
An article about Myron.

He would have been 101 in November.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I believe I talked to him once but do not remember where or how.

My best friend passed away in Jan of this year and he was 85.  It was a terrible day for me and his kids still have not had a service for him yet so i am thinking they will not.  He came over alot when I could not drive and taught me wood carving as well.

So Rip to Myron and Jim
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.